Aug 17, 2008

Far across miles.. (4 love stories) -- a revealation of my diary

"'Where will I be the next time I wake up?'
This is the question I asked before I departed from KL International Airport,
there's my dream miles away ahead,
and I was only miles away to reach;

'Where will I be the next time I wake up?'
The same question I asked when I woke up in Dubai International Airport,
there's home miles away ahead,

and I'm only miles away from home...

I'm leaving, I'm leaving; I'm leaving, I'm leaving.."

--14 August, 2008.
Dubai time: 0740 hrs. Malaysia time: 1140 hrs.
Dubai International Airport
Waiting for Dubai-Malaysia flight at 1030hrs.

(Yes, I promised to blog about my great journey to Europe but that promise was made BEFORE departure. I'd never had any idea about how hard it's going to be to transfer something which is really great and took 2 weeks, into words....)

(...so it end up like this, I decided to reveal some writings I put down during the journey, from my journal as well as from my diary -- yup, exactly, I'm defying the 'code of secrecy' of what a 'diary' really means.. but I think, maybe, some thought just worth to share, maybe..) (..erm... for those who don't think so, please bear with me...)

Here we go..

"It's going to be a final write-up about this trip, I think. I'm not sure what am I going to put down, maybe it's just for the sake of killing time, while waiting for the final transit of our trip, and then we finally get home. In fact, writing a final note about this trip makes me nervous. I'm still wondering what have i learnt from this journey, as what I was throughout the whole journey.

People said achieving what you dreamt for is a great feeling, I agree, but I think those who said so have as well simplified the complicated feeling about it.

What I perceived, what I realized, what saw, what I learned during this trip, are they going to be carved permanently inside me, or this trip is just a plain journey of breaking away?

............ ............
(note: this is the part where I skip a lot of sentimental portion and as well obey the 'code of secrecy' of my diary... ;P )

(continue..)

What about the countries?

I might perceived them differently from Fariz, Shahrina and Amir. Throughout this journey, there's somehow an intensive feeling telling me that, I was going through 4 love stories when I traveled through the 4 countries.

We entered Italy with high spirit and full excitement, and Italy welcome our enthusiasm with her passion and heat. It somehow ended up like fire against fire -- The trip in Italy was sweaty and got our adrenalin going. Thinking about most of the first love in life, Italy and I were madly in love, and we're having crazy rendezvous. Our love was wild, sweaty, hot, rushing, desperate, messy, emotional, but it was fantastic.

Austria pulled down the high temperature we had in Italy, weatherly and emotionally. I first met Austria in Salzsburg, the lovely town that everything is so fine and graceful, and from there, I started to see the silhouette of a elegant lady standing right in front of me; and from there, I know I got over the hot love in Italy, and fell in love with this blue-blooded young lady of Austria.

I've never perceived me myself as a Duke, but Austria welcome me with her humble hospitality. Her music, her palace, her history, her arts, her elegance, her gentle touch and her beautiful eye -- the love between me and Austria was like a piece of poem, it's just that I knew nothing about the language she writes, but I knew it's tender, it's deep; I knew it's undying, it's eternal.

I left Austria with a torn heart, but headed to meet Czech Republic with anticipation -- Czech is legendary. Legends praise the beauty of Czech and how amazing she is. Bearing the legends in mind, four of us were like the most loyal devotees who wished to get near Czech and kiss her toe...

But when I was there, I was confused. Maybe it's my love towards Austria was too intensive, maybe we just shouldn't trust 'legends', Czech was just 'well.. hmmm..' for me at the very first sight. However, the more I get to know her, the more attracted I was to her, and finally, I was having affair with Czech. Czech's beauty lies beneath her character. Czech is spontaneous, free-spirited, wild and daring. If Austria ties her hair up neatly with a jewelry headband, Czech let her curly hair loosened; If Austria indulges herself in the precisely composed classical music, Czech sways her body and heart away following the beats of her jazz blues.

Czech is a gypsy, a Bohemian gypsy whose cool attitude opened my eye, and drove me crazy.

Czech did not want to be bounded to any commitment, I truly understood, hence I moved on. I rode on the train leaving Praha, Czech Republic, heading to Berlin, Germany, an ultimate and rather important destination of my journey.

Embracing Berlin was not any similar to embracing the previous 3 countries. After having wild rendezvous with Italy, falling in love with Austria and committing affair with Czech, I did not expect any love story to occur here -- after all, the greatness of Berlin or Germany made myself saw her as a wise woman. She'd gone through so many historical incidents and various type of people she met, she always seems composed and steady because of her maturity and experience. Germany is a woman to respect, to admire, to learn from, but not to fall in love with, I thought.

I still remembered the day I walked alone along the remnant of Berlin's Wall. It was somehow an intensive moment for me seeing and touching the wall. The scar of Germany revealed here and I did not see her trying to cover it. At the moment, I saw Germany sitting there, took a puff on her cigarette and smirked at me, before she started telling me her story of the wall.. ... and when I found myself fascinated, I thought to myself, wake up, this is a forbidden love..... and you're leaving... ...

........

I felt kinda funny that my imagination put myself into such a 'loving' drama along this journey. Definitely, throughout this journey, I thought a lot, I felt a lot, I perceived a lot and I realized a lot. The imagination went wild when the heart is fully opened up, but is it all what I got from this journey? What kind of impact I've got from this 14-day journey, and what have I seen and what have I learned, what's the relationship between my experience over here and my imagination inside my head? -- I'm still wondering, as I was, throughout the whole journey..

It's 1036 hrs Dubai time. Rina is waking everybody up for airport refreshment. Our flight going back to Malaysia has been delayed, we still have another 3 hours to kill, before I really leave, before I finally get home.."

--14 August, 2008.
Dubai time: 1041 hrs. Malaysia time: 1541 hrs.
Dubai International Airport

12 comments:

Sinagamerah said...

How envy I am, when learnt that you guys had planned a backback trip to europe. How wretched my heart does whenever I received your whereabout. And how I am full of jealousy to find out you had affair with 4 different "ladies"....
.....bro details pleaseeeeeee.....pictures!!!!!! just to make my heart stop beating for a while after busy preparing something big in my life!!!!neeway, welcome home.

Anonymous said...

I laughed my lung out to read ur 'diary'... to answer ur concern regarding ur 'wild' imagination vs ur traveling experience, I think my answer would be:

-- Yo brother! Are you thinking of someone(s) or you just need to get in love with someone!

LOL..

go get her, not Italy not Austria not Czech the Germany the old lady!

Shunza

Anonymous said...

hey dude,
finally u achieved what u have planned long long long time ago...have to agree with singamerah...
DETAILS! DETAILS and DETAILSSS please

:)
PooN

-f-l-o- said...

Finally! Congrats on making it!

Check out my latest entry, an encounter with an Oscar winning actress at a glam-free film festival I attended last weekend.

:)

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Sinagamerah (?).. not really know who u are from the name, but i think i kinda know who u are from what u talked about... hmmmm ...C~~K ker??

Poon!! Hey nice bumping u kt tepi jalan!! and then nice seeing u drop by my little space again..

To both Sinagamerah and Poon.. bout the details.. I think if u're familiar with how i blog about my journey (like those I traveled to Bali).. I prefer blog the destinations separately.. hehehe.. so just keep on coming and checking out!

FLO!! Haha.. finaly!! right? When will be OUR trip? read my lips -- O-U-R??

Shunza my sister.. well.. hmmm.. ohhh.. yeah... hmmm... argh u just saw through me! :p


spider(ai)man

Suhana Sidik said...

Yes, the normal.. I envy you. I envy every single details of the trip, of your deep love towards the places you visit, of the excitement. I almost feel the rush of First Love all over again.

I am glad that i left that BIG impact in you, that you decided that YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. But seriously, did i really had that unbelievable look? We've been very much drifted nowadays, but you know i always believe in you, and you can always count on me.. right.. right?

Anonymous said...

u MADE LOVE with the countries u visited? EEEeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! hmm ... ok.. let's admit this, it certainly sounds WEIRD but indeed, ur words really made the weird things became sweet things..

Gosh.. but u're still a freak to me bro!

:p

Yus.MY said...

best best best...will be visiting ur flickr very soon..& i'm expecting loads & loads of great pic..

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Koncil, indeed, as I told u, there was not any 'inspiration' but i felt I had to prove this to u that I really was not talking bullshit about going to europe..

T-Rex.. I'm a freaky freak.. that u must be the freakier one, bro!

Kak Yus, Flickr tak habis update lagi...the pictures are uploaded little by little.. so take ur time dropping by byk byk kali deh.. my blog and my flikr lah..

Anonymous said...

hey hey... =p now i'm totally agreed with Poon on details, and also with Shunza on...well...her answer on which u need to... ^_^ heh hee...

fariz said...

Man, thanks for the frenzy madness in Europe... the ups and downs... the cracking our head where to go next, the tak-kisah attitude, and the muka selamba kena marah dengan aku... hehe..

Big thanks to you for roping me IN! Although Rina did all the convincing and influencing part.

Sorry for everything... u know what I mean.

Till our next BIG Adventure!

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Dikazz, details is on its way.. i hope hehe..

Bang Fariz, 'tak-kisah' attitude and muka selamba? Hahaha.. glad u noticed that.. ;P

Thank you again and again -- and u only need to feel proud of ourselves, and U DON'T HAVE TO APOLOGIZE FOR ANYTHING.. u know what i mean.. ;P

Where's ur post on the journey?

man