Dec 7, 2008

"Family kat ner?"

I called a cab. I really needed a ride to take me home -- it was almost 1 am. I was supposed to reach KL around 10 pm but due to the the weather condition in KLIA, my flight needed to turned to Johor by the time we were about to touch down.

"Adik dari maner?" The cab driver asked. I must have unintentionally showed a tired face when I sat in.

"Sabah." I had a 1-week geological field trip in Sabah. Suddenly I remembered the comment that Nany left in my Facebook:

"Jalan sakan jer mamat nih!" This guy never stop traveling.

I must agree with her. Since Cape Town, I had't really got my rest.

****************************************************************

The day my Cape Town South Africa-Changi Singapore-KLIA Malaysia flight finaly touched down at around 11 am Malaysian time, I rushed back home and tried to get a quick nap to tune my 6 hours jet lag back to normal --

-- because few hours after that, I needed to head to Genting HIghland for the Genting Trailblazer Race. It was a 10 km cross mountain run and I needed to make sure my body and mind were ready.

It was a race that got me learned in a hard way.

I got a serious pain on my right knee, I got my body drained out, I got a full load of heavy strain all over my muscles;

I received a medal which only honour those who managed to finish the race, I disappointed Daus my partner in the race for not reaching top 10 but the 14th, I started to doubt my fitness level, I realized it's much more painful to let somebody down than to let your knee got injured..

..and I learned something precious about being modest and humble, and about working hard and giving out the best..

***************************************************************

"Tak penat ker ko nih?" Nurita asked me when I just came down from one outcrop and ready to climb up the next. Sometimes in a geological field trip, we as geoscientists need to look close-up to features that engraved on the rocks by nature. Look close-up here means, if the geological features or even fossils are expected to be exist up on a hill, you just need to climb.

She knew that I've been going out for a few hiking trips before.

Tired? I smiled, at the same time I was thankful that the outcrops in Sabah, though requires so hiking and climbing, are not as high as a hill, or mountain for God's sake.

...and I also realized that, my pain on my right knee miracolusly disappeared after I entered Sabah. It was still there the day before my flight to Sabah, when I was in the midst of the forest on Gunung Nuang.

******************************************************************

The becoming weekend right after the race in Trailblazer Genting, we went up to Gunung Nuang and camped there.

My muscle pains carried forward from the race was fully recovered, but not yet me knee. To be very frank my knee pain was really worrying and I was advised to see a physio and NOT to proced with any outdoor activities.

But HELLO~~~ it was a hiking PLUS camping outing on Gunung Nuang, with Abang Fariz, Daus, Kak Yus, Amie, Nurin, Zana, Ijoi, Amir, Kak Ruby, Zayin and Sabarin!!

---I just don't see the knee pain was any more important that this outing!!

********************************************************************

The cab driver was mumbling on something about Sabah, I wasn't paying attention.

I texted Kak Yus, asking for the plan for our outing the next day -- err -- the same day, in a few hours.

"7 a.m. kumpul kt KLCC." She replied, and expressing her worries about my tiredness.

I sat back, looked at my watch. 1 a.m. Thinking I still could get an ample rest before waking up at 6 a.m., and then I realized I hadn't done any packing yet. So minus half hour of sleeping time.

The cab driver had finaly kept quiet, leaving a peaceful moment for me, listening to the retro rock kapak played on the radio. The radio DJ was about to end her slot after the song because she's wishing everyone a good night and a good weekend ahead.

"Semoga anda semua dapat berehat bersama keluarga anda dan juga insan tersayang pada hujung minggu ini.." Hope you have a nice weekend with your family and your loved ones. She said.

******************************************************************

7 a.m I reached KLCC and met Kak Yus and Ikha, then Coco then Huda then Ijoi then Suhaina then Uyun then Tess. Then we met up with the rest of the gang in R&R.

Jai and CK finally managed to join us this time and I was so happy about that. I hugged both of them the moment I saw them.

Yup, Cape Town -- Trailblazer -- Gunung Nuang -- Sabah Geological Field Trip, I quickly followed up the 'back-to-back Jalan Sakan' list with Whitewater Rafting in Sungai Gopeng, then caving in Gua Tempurong the next day, with this one whole bunch of fun people.


********************************************************************

The cab was driving through a sleeping KL when the radio DJ ended her slot.

"Semoga anda semua dapat berehat bersama keluarga anda dan juga insan tersayang pada hujung minggu ini.."

Her wishes really gave me a strike.

"Tak balik kampung ker?" The driver asked, and I knew from where he thought of this question. Blame the radio DJ.

"Tak." No I hadn't gone back to my hometown for quite some time, and I'm feeling guilty about that.

Silence ensued, before he asked the question that made me smiled.

"Family kat ner?"

****************************************************************

"Penat? tak lagi kuut." I still remembered the moment I answered Nurita's question, I was feeling some kind of heart-warmth inside.

Of course this back-to-back outings were kinda draining me out, but alhamdulilah I was still feeling energetic to ride on it -- People say you wouldn't feel tired if you enjoy doing things that you're doing. I believe so, but now I think it is more than that--

-- you just wouldn't feel tired if you enjoy doing things that you're doing, and doing it with the people you love -- a bunch of people that you really really really love and care about.

These people are my other family besides the one with my parents and my sisters; they are my family that taught me so many things in life, revealed so much lights and insights of life; a family that I hang out with in almost every weekends, inside forests, mountains, and urban;

A family that embraces me as Aiman and calls me Aiman; 

A family that will certainly laugh at me for being sentimental but then give me a hug;

A family that we call ourselves: ",".

Yes, koma.

ps.. "Family kat ner?" Where's my family? we are planning to go to Gunung Buah Bunga after white water rafting in Sg Gopeng, caving in Tempurung Cave, steps-running at Batu Cave, roller skating at FRIM, waterfall hunting at Sg. Pisang, KaraOk-ing, futsal, bowling.. -- to answer the question of where's my family, I would answer --

-- out there.

17 comments:

Yus.MY said...

oh dear...fitst time ever i read ur posting & i shed my tears! yes..ur posting this time really really really sentimental & jiwang la bro...x pasal2 aku menangis!!

love this one:
"These people are my other family besides the one with my parents and my sisters; they are my family that taught me so many things in life, revealed so many insights and lights of life; a family that I hang out with in almost every weekends, inside forests, mountains, and urban;"

same goes to me...I LOVE these bunch of fun-to-be-with ppl!!!

LOVE KOMA!!

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

now who's being sentimental??!?!!? aiyooo?

Yus.MY said...

i think it's me yg being too sentimental...

di petang raya korban, sorang2 ni...membaca posting aiman yg sentimental...eerrmmm menambahkn lg sentimental jiwa aku nih!!!

Anonymous said...

Salam Aidil-Adha.. Selamat Berkorban

Anonymous said...

so u kinda lum sum all ur aktiviti here and put it under the name of koma lah? bijaak bijak...

i think koma is the reason why u've been slow on updating -- so i accept the excuse..

shunza

Anonymous said...

I like da way u craft da story..mcm dlm drama heeee

Nway Aiman, we all here are for each other.Me myself don't expect that our friendship will go this far.(Only He knows how thankful I'm).

I really enjoy with you guys - a bunch of people that i really really really love and care about (pnjam ayat ko aiman).I learn a lot from each of us (the treasure that i really appreciate).Determination - Spirit - Discipline - Teamwork - Love - Enthusiasm - Passionate etc

May our friendship will be blessed dan berkekalan ke akhir hayat!

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Kak Yus menangis.. yeay yeay.. kak yus menangis.. yeay yeay..

:p

Renjuna. selamat raya korban utk mu gok..

Shunza.. yup.. i think u KNOW my trick because I somehow mentioned it SOMEWHERE -- cuz i think i cover it well !!! hahahaha.. anyway nice catching up in this way, dun u think so? hahahha..

and yes.. i devoted all my time including blog-update time to Koma!! waaah~~

Anonymous, ms or mr, whoever u re.. thanks for ur 'sgt-de-HR' nyer komen yer.. (hhahaha.. cik nih ker yg jatuh sokmo? )

thank you..

Yus.MY said...

ahaks...eerrrmmm cik yg slalu jatuh a.k.a Ratu Jatuh KOMA...ahaks...

Anonymous said...

Dear Aiman;
Ileks la.. tade rezeki kite utk race tu.. tada hal.. aku pon dah siapkan mental nieh b4 lari yg ko mmg di bawah paras kecergasan.. tada hal.. aku ok.. Len kali cuba lagi..

Genting race tu mmg tough.. aku tak salah kan kau.. thn depan join lagi.. start training together lepas ni...

HANUMAN tak kisah ler takat kalah dengan kepuasan...


-daus- aka ***clionvtea***

Suhana Sidik said...

Hahaha... Sangat sentimental indeed.

Anonymous said...

thrill pun ade sedih pun ade bile bace blog ko ni Wong. Kadang2 teringat pulak nasib aku yang macam ni.

U are one hell of a person who can do so much thing in a very ample time. keep it up, and one day, i hope to join you in those activity.

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Daus,thanks for ur kind words... ko tak susah hati aku still susah hati gak.. huhhu...

Sue..tah lah.. these people kind of squeeze hose jiwang stuff from me -- eventhough things we do together is always those macho outing!!

Hamlet.. nice to have u dropped by.. ko mmng blh jer join kitrng.. haha!!!

en_me said...

sonoknyerr masuk guaa..

harni said...

lama tak jenguk blog nih. i missed quite a lot huh. lama jugak x nampak ko.. pape pun jagelah kesihatan anda..takut jugak aku bace post outing ko yg back to back nih..

Madam Robert said...

wah wah wahhhh~~~* are you this active back in Univ?? if yes, how could i missed such fun?!!

and am i missing something here? u mualaf ke??? *straight forward Q* heheh.. if yes, big welcome!! ^^

Anonymous said...

Fren,
I am touch. May the connection blossom and maintain 4ever.

Btw ur are very talented.. nice picture, superb selection of words and lots of idea... Keep it up dude..

Yus.MY said...

eerrmm...aiman..reading from this last comment...i guess it's shafarid...

farid..betul tak it's urs?