Sep 13, 2006

"Go there, and make us proud.."

I was sipping mamee slrrp in my room while Taylor Hicks' DO I MAKE YOU PROUD started playing through my headphone.

"...I've never been the one to raise my hand, that was not me and now that's who I am..."

..all of a sudden, I felt like I was in the video clip of the song, describing the struggle of a young man, having mamee slrrp instead of a proper dinner, on his way pursuing his dream... (ahaks!)

..in fact, all of a sudden, I realized the change of time..

Which sparks in this universe triggered all the changes in my life and brought me here today? I always wonder.. but deep inside of me I always believe that someone out there (or up there) is monitoring me and doing all the arrangement to fit my future..

..who is that 'someone'? I think I know...

In spite of that, there are people I meet throughout my life till today, that I truely believe are part of the factors that molded me into the shape I am today. And sometimes I do relate all these people to the condition I face at one particular moment..

"... I guess I've learned, to question is to grow, that you still have faith, is all I need to know; I've learned to love, myself in spite of me, and I've learned to walk, the road that I believe..."

I still remember the words that my Big Boss Mr Effendy spoke to me right before I left my office and came here to pursue my further study. In fact till today, I dun really think that Mr Effendy agreed to let me go, but still, the words he gave was kinda injecting a warm feeling like a father's advice to his son:

"Go there, and make PRAM proud." PRAM, is my division in PETRONAS.

I knew I have another mission the moment I nodded earnestly.

... Coincidentally, there's a friend of mine who wrote the same thing to me on Yahoo Messenger when I first checked-in to the university of my Msc programme..

She said, "Study hard, make us proud.".. 'us', refers to my three wonderful friends whom I hung out with most of the time in KL.

... and there's a respectful old man who recently wrote this to me and really smeared a soft-touched feeling deep in my heart..

He wrote,"..if I could ever pick a son, one would be you.."... this old man, I call him Papa, is my coach.

... ... I know I simply have more reasons to keep faith in that 'someone' I mentioned before. As what I questioned before, "which sparks in the universe triggered all the changes in my life and brought me here today?", well maybe I can't give myself an answer, but I can stand without getting any answers for it. That 'someone' is the star in this universe that arranged all highs and lows in my life, as well as all the people I meet and I encounter with, for some particular unforseen reasons.

"...This is what we dream about, but the only question with me now, is do I make you proud? .."

The song "Do I Make You Proud" is not my favourite song, but it kinda express my concern to all the people I met, all the people I know, all the people that believe in me, and to that special 'someone' who will always answer my prayer when I look up..

8 comments:

chivv said...

hi Spidey...

*hugs*

ehm, skrg ko leh comment bLog aku... to see how, baca my posting pasal comment k..

mcm agk susah nak post comment mcm biasa tp itu je la yg dpt...

jgn sedey2... ^_^

Anonymous said...

Dun get piseed off bout Shunza.. BTW my fren, i can see the change of writing style in this entry.. though it's kinda long but.. erm, good try.

Still like the way u relate ur thought and ur life.. i think ur blogger fren ANOUK said the same thing once to u right.


U.K.H.

Anonymous said...

proud...proud in what scale..(pls respect the scale/margin..ahahahaha..)when we were kids..our parents proud of us even though we can ride a bike..when we get bigger n bigger our community will proud of us when we achive something more than other people..do tis competiton what people really want?..'to be proud of the winner n make the looser feel bad'..what a cruel community..For me, what is important is to be proud of myself & its up to other people to share my happiness. So in that sence..Make ourself usefull, push to the limit & work it out..yehaaaa
ah wong aaa..i alwez proud of u!! hehe ;p

ARWEN_my said...

Go dude..
what i do believe in my life now, is what did i do to be proud of myself? not about to make others proud of me... cz what u did is reflect to what people thought of u.
And what i thought of u, i do proud of u, wut u did, wut u said, cz u motivate us to do better..

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

seriously, I would really like to thanks U.K.H., Azwa (wawachan) and Aza (arwen_my) for all your motivating words and encouragements... yes, we want to posse a life that we ourselves feel proud of, a way of life that we can keep our head up.. Azwa and Aza, u gurls have points!

To U.K.H., yes I'm trying to do something different in my writting style.. but i dun think the outcome is really 'something else'.. u're right, it's too too long.. thanks for the comment.

Anonymous said...

gambar apa tu wong?

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

gambor 'that someone' dlm blog aku... huhuhu...

takder lah.., gambor bayang aku and my friend, drinking can drinks waiting for another friend under street lamp..

tu jer..

chivv said...

ape duo core tu? ko comment kat bLog haku huhuhu~