Oct 20, 2006

My kindegarten level of entomology notes

I'm having a weird feeling of nervous and worried..(again?) right now.. I know it's due to my wrong-timing of blogging -- I should be sitting in front of my study desk right now, lashing myself to keep on digging into my notes of 'formation evaluation' and 'seismic acquisition & data processing' yada yada yada...

2nd reason, is about this post. Well ladies and gentlemen, I'm about to compose something which is entirely out of my knowledge and understanding, but don't worry, I got a few terminologies to help me to get my stuff looks ..erm.. professional.

Here we go. My entomology notes on ecdysis/moulting of a grasshopper.

Well I consider myself as 'being quite lucky' cuz I managed to witness a grasshopper moulting. My little sister and I caught some grasshoppers last Monday for her cruel-inhumane-biological experiment and we found out one of them looked like being suffered from body-cramp and we thought this fella was dying.. but came to our very surprised this fella was actually doing his meditation to mourn the passing of 'old-him' while celebrating his own rebirth. I KNEW this when I started to see him shedding his outer skin, or to say it ENTOMOLOGICALLY, this fella was shedding its exoskeleton. ..yes, you pronounced it right: e-xo-skeleton... but I prefer to call it 'suit of Satria Baja Hitam'.. longer, but catchier.

Well I must consider myself as 'being quite lucky' when I thought that was the end of the 'peeling old skin wearing new skin' story but in fact I was wrong. Yes I managed to see the sequel of the story: adolescene. Our young fella was reaching his adulthood from a nymph. He finally gained his own wings and even started to show it off. Yeah maybe it was his way of stretching his new sized body but I still couldn't stand his arrogance. Know what, I believed I heard somebody was soaring "I believe I can fly~~" at the moment, which sounded so ironic for me cuz I knew the next day before he could really fly, he was going to be soaked into a smelly chemical liquid called yada yada yada... (sorry I almost failed my Chemistry in secondary school..).

OK I still believe I am 'being quite lucky' for the reason I won't have the chance to see his execution. ..and in fact I am LUCKY when talking about experiencng these hidden moments of our tiny friends of nature. I once witness a little fish called 'rainbow fish' gave birth to her 'rainbow babies' when I was in standard four; then I used to see dragonflies mating in the air, and also flies; then I saw grasshoppers 'ecdysising'; and the latest one was, I accidentally caught a pregnant grasshopper and she gave birth to her baby on the next day of her friend reaching adulthood.

Well maybe I'm going to witness how a spider teach his son to build a web.. huhuhu.. who knows? But before that, I hope all my good-luck will work during my becoming exams.. nah, don't show me the spider lectures on that day, save it.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aiman.. apsal sunyi semacaaam je? smue dh balik kg ker??

Senyum Sokmo said...

Harlow Lefty,

Thanks so much for visiting BLOG SENYUM SOKMO and truly appreciate your valuable comments.

We're trying hard to have faizal onboard the blogmanship :)...wait for his blog birth yea.

True, this web/ blog community is one of the main sources for faizal's popularity.. positive influences and popularity..we hope.

We lurve to link you up....and again Terima Kasih for supporting Faizal...do drop by again and again...and your constructive feedbacks are most welcome.

You have great insights..man :)

Happy Sokmolahhhh ye...

Anonymous said...

Wow never thought that ur little sister is in Form 6 now??!!?!?!

I can smell ur boredom in ur life of exam preparation -- u wrote ur entry cukup selamba this time.. i enjoy reading it.

fariz said...

spidey raya kat tronoh ler nih? hehehe... am still in the ofis. Kosong ajer ofis nih pung. Aper pun, selamat raya. u deserve a hari raya after your fasting adventure.

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

memang sunyiiii je telnet lonni.. smue dh sibuk berayo.. huhuhu.. bang Fariz, still kt opih ke? Aku nnt celebrate rayer dgn Yahya kt Ipoh, kt umah Fiza.., then umah Min gak.. heheh..kire ade gak lah celebration, tak sedey sgt..

Hey SENYUM SOKMO!! kinda surprised man ko singgah gak blog aku nih!! feel free to link my blog..and thank you for ur compliment.! Keep in touch and keep dropping by!

Shunza.. u'd never know how the boredom is if u dun hv any experience preparing exam DURING festive season!Sigh.


Spider

Anonymous said...

Wishing u & Famly... Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri...Maaf Zahir & Batin...

Senyum Sokmo said...

No worries Bro..writings ko besh..

Btw, Ko nie AimanKidal jugak kerr..? kan :).Kalau ye baguh uh ko memeriahkan forum tu. :)

Anonymous said...

...next time shows us the pictures of dragonfly mating .. the spider's lecture sounds interesting too.. hmmm.. would like to know which hand a spider uses to hold the teaching wand..:>


U.K.H.

Sayuti said...

ish...

psycho sungguh menjadi kau. blalang pon layan...