Oct 30, 2006

Those triumphs of youth.. .. departed?

Realizing you're getting old is NOT the same with realizing you're achieving adulthood by seeing some physical changes of puberty. The latter is some kind of witnessing -- u witnessed, but then u found it hard to handle..

.. but the former, is some kind of feeling, and perceiving. It's like when u wear ur favourite T-shirt and walk by a mirror in the middle of the street, u suddenly see urself wearing something really weird and not suitable -- maybe the shirt is too tight, maybe the colour is too bright -- and u finally realize what u're wearing WAS ur favourite T-shirt, but not anymore now, at this stAGE of life.

... this is exactly what I felt before meeting up 3 coolest freinds of mine in KL last weekend. ..and to cut the story short and to really deny (or further approve) all these aging myths, after the movie "The Departed", we entered this funfair in OneUtama.

Lucky enough, funfair is nothing like T-shirt -- we can "demote" our favourite T-shirt due to taste/age factor, but we're not going to do that to funfair. Funfaire is everybody's all-time favourite.

Hence the story goes.. we had fun -- I mean in term of 'recaping' or 'refreshing' childhood memories, yup we did good. Merry-go-round, Save-a-duck, darts game, Wheel Chair, ice-cream yada yada yada -- Yahya, Fiza and Sue, these three old men really enjoyed proving their aging process. Ahaks!

Well my point is, NONE of them even wanted to try the 360 degrees vertical spinning "Top-Gun" or the vigorous swaying "Challenger". So I did -- cuz I was the one who had hints and clues kept reminding me about the age throughout the day -- I needed to do something to persuade myself that those things lied.

Well I'm not going to share the longest 5 min in my life sitting in the capsule of "Top Gun". I cursed a lot while I was defying gravity and I was in up-side-down position when my capsule was at the point of twelve-o-clock. That was fun. I mean the duration was long enough for me to flash back all my life, and to feel the mechanism of my body on how it handle "nervous", "frightened", "regret", "excited", "adreline rush" and "to shiver or not to shiver"... ...

The bottom line is, I made it, and proved myself that I wasn't THAT old (u kidding me? I'm still on my way to give bungee jumping a try!!!). However, I chose to try wheel-chair next instead of "Challenger" (c'mon, soldier needs rest..).

The conclusion of the hang-outing:

1. when we enjoyed watching the ever dragging "The Departed", it showed we appreciate "deep" things and THAT IS MATURED;

2. change of taste towards wearing indicates WE HAVE BETTER FASHION SENSE;

3. our age tells us WE ARE YOUNG MEN AND YOUNG LADIES;

4. having fun in fun-fair simply proved WE ARE STILL KIDS..

..So? Pardon me, what did u say? OLD? Did I mention the 'O-L-D' word in my conclusion?

16 comments:

fingertalking said...

hah, u're good wong, haha.. but me incidently juz watched a story bout dying guy n a book where a best fren oso died, both died young tho, so its not the point of getting old then. on lighter note, erm nearly evry1 i met at the raya opn hse w mesian's ambassador said i look young when i said i'm doing my msc, LOL.
nways, rock oN mate!

fariz said...

spidey. u went to OU funfair without telling me! Me and Rina were kindof trying to persuade our frens to come along but failed to trick any1. So ended up kitorg pun tak pegi. Darn! Missed all the fun.

ps: LAIN KALI KALAU PEGI AREA OU tu.. KASI TAU LAH!!! NI YG NAK JADI HULK ni!

Anonymous said...

Here u go spidey!! Finaly u got ur fine touch of blogging/writing back!!

I missed the way u relate ur life and ur philosophy, and i thought i was loosing that before reading this new entry!!

Quote what KASTURI said: u're good wong..

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Kasturi u look really young but dun forget I called u KAK when we 1st met.. muahahaha!!

To Shunza, I think i understand what u're talking about.. thanks for reminding..

BANG Fariz.. u? FunFair? make sure u try "TOP GUN".. i dun wanna see u riding a horse in merry-go-round like Yahya did!

PEACE to y'all!! Thanks for the instant feedback.


Spidey

ARWEN_my said...

Dey!!! Gi FunFair tak ajak oghang!! Chitt!! Nyway, its gud to have fun instead of 24hours study. Though its real fun to challenge urself in our age (physically still mantap!!). We're still young..cz we still need our parents guidance either...Yeahhh!!

Jannah said...

Fun Fair

Having Fun with Fair Friends.

Fun Friends Fair Fun.

Happy Raya and all the best for Finals :)

Anonymous said...

buaian besar tu pun aku dah mengucap 10 kali..ni nak naik top gun tu..time kaseh je la

tp mmg bes la fun fair..!!

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

muahaha tp aku tgok merry-go-round kuda tu lagi dahsyat dr buaian besar tu.. cume altitude jer lain SKET.. ko ok je posing tangkap gambor dlm BUAIAN BESAR?? muahahaha!!

Jannah and Arwen, GO TRY TOP GUN -- it proved that it's for FUN and YOUNG people like u two!!

Spider

Senyum Sokmo said...

Welcome back..lefty

Faizal tgh sibuk rakam album tu...belum dikhabarkan lagi bila album keluar...but percayalah sure gempaq :)..Will update...

Age is not about getting old..it is about getting wiser :).

Muda Sokmolahh...

Anonymous said...

Ya right, How bout this? My new quote:

"age is just a number.. and the number shows HOW MUCH FUN U HAVE GONE THRU IN THIS WORLD!!"

Pretty lame? I thought that is rather cool man!!


Optimistic U.K.H.

Anonymous said...

Aiman naper gambor agak kureng eek kali nih? not like yours.

Suhana Sidik said...

Haha.. 'Older' people trying to look cool.. and act nonsense.

I miss the good 'old' days when we would go for our adventorous road trips. So far, you are irreplaceable la. Ala.. susah la camni....

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Sue, "THOSE WERE THE DAYS.." when we started to use this quote, it indicates we're AWAY FROM THOSE DAYS dah..

Anonym., gambor tu amik dgn phone jer.. saper lak sangka nak bawa camera g fun-fair? unless u have an SLR, then fun-fair is the greatest place to practise ur skill.

S.S. & U.K.H., age is JUST number, nothing about loosing our cool.. Still kiciking? Mude sokmo!!

Sayuti said...

wong datang melawat, tak sound...

*sigh*

Anonymous said...

ah wong spider... kat mana ni...? bukan main sakan kau ber fun fair yer...

Suhana Sidik said...

I was about to say who's the cute girls fishing for ducks tu.. then realise its yours truely. Hehe.. Gila poyo.
Both me and Fiza have our pics kat ferris wheel tu on wallpaper. What are the odds that you would be doing the same?