Feb 12, 2007

Flying in my secret garden.

Pablo is the Spanish lad that I met on board during my 4D4N stay live-a-board. I put some special notes about this 22-year-old lad here because I was overwhelmed by his story. Pablo gave up everything in his hometown and came to Phuket to learn diving from scratch. He gives himself 6 months time to complete all the courses needed to earn him a DiveMaster or perhaps Dive Instructor license.

"So, what do u do in Phuket?" I asked.

"I dive, and dive, and dive. " Pablo answered with his Spanish accent, and smiled shyly.

This is Pablo. A dream chaser, and I felt so embarrassed before him for being a 'very-part-time' diver who only dives once in a year and still worried about the balance between my real passion about it and the expenses I've spent on it.

I have to admit that I have this kind of 'split passion' about diving. I don't really feel my enthusiasm about diving when thinking of setting the equipments up and putting up my tight tight tight dive suit and biting the regulator and carrying a oxygen tank on my back and sucking the throat-itching pure and dry 100% oxygen and walking like a duck with that floppy fin and then dunk myself into the middle of the ocean.... ....

.... but all the unpleasant feeling will suddenly disappear when i get myself sunk every inch downward, to the secret garden that lies beneath the sea surface. It is just like you're entering a different medium where all your behavior and even the way you think will turn differently.

Sometimes I even realize that I'm actually flying in this medium.

The moment I saw manta rays flying above me, one after one, flapping their wings gracefully, I wanted to join their march, and I flew towards them -- and the feeling of FLYING was so thrilled! GOSH that has always been my dream since I was 5, and if u ask me what kind of superpower I'd like to have, I'll straight away tell u this --

"Fly"

... ... and this is what, I guess, Pablo meant by 'very cool stuff about diving' when he started to talked about his passion for diving. We mingle with those marine creatures underwater, we share their flying life, we play hide and seek with them, we experience the other kind of medium the other kind of world when we put on our tight tight tight dive suit and biting the regulator and carrying the oxygen tank on our back and sucking the throat-itching pure and dry 100% oxygen and flipping our floppy fin like... erm.. mermaid.

ps.. I am lacking a waterproof underwater dig-cam and its supporting equipments, and also the skills (and license..) to take underwater photographs. All the underwater pictures posted here were taken by Chris and Charmaine, great job y'all! Thanks!

pss.. Happy 200th post to BloggerJannah. As promised, the picture of Nemo is for u as my gift for your great achievement in blogging! Congratulation!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great experience for u...dapat tgk the beauty of nature..apreciate the nature and then u'll apreciate ur life..:)

Jannah said...

Suka amat. Nemo nemo nemo. Nak jadi ikan sekejap so can kawan with the gorgeous underwater creatures.

Thanks for the 200th wish. I only got there coz I had an early jumpstart. Should have more. Will do my best to reach the elusive 1000 before I reach 30 :)

Jannah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Thanks for the comment ladies. Malu lak depan2 korng aku term myself as mermaid... huhuuhu

1000th post by 30? too easy for u J!

fingertalking said...

need license ka to take uwater photo? wah!! nways, u really making the uwater life sounds tempting there, keep on diving wong! :D

Anonymous said...

u went VERTICALLY-up to a mountain, and now u dive VERTICALLY-down to the sea bottom... that's 3D enough.. great job, '3D adventurer'!

Anonymous said...

so what's ur next adventure?

Anonymous said...

Wong..I don't have to tour the world to have an exciting story about people, culture, environment or even underwater creatures. I just simply feel the experience by reading your blog. Keep up your good work!

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Dear putput, thank u sooooooooooooo much for ur kind words.. gosh that was sweet! Thanks!! BTW, plz dun feel to not tour the world -- the world out there is much much more than what i can share here..

Somebuddy, what's next? whatever it is, maybe i just need to have some time to save some money for it..

Shunza my big sister, 3D adventurer sounds weird but cool enough, just like a robot I am.. kekekeke..

Bonjour Fingertalking, I believe if u have the dig cam then u can shoot underwater photos, the license is just another way for PADI to make money out of the non-rational people like divers.. and.. erm, keep on diving? that sounds scary enough to think of the expenses i need... but for sure a trip to Sipadan is a must! :>


Spider lov y'all.

Sayuti said...

ari tu aku gigit kibod. skang ni aku gigit monitor plak.

ARWEN_my said...

wongey, pls do browse in here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/archiprez/372594670/in/set-72157594505359211/

maybe you an learn sumthing on the pix taken by my fren's fren. Nice pix, with the angle and beau view.

ps- me too - still have to learn a lot on photography.

chivv said...

jelesssss nyyeeee...ko slalu jalan2, bt smthng best2... eiii.... bila lak time aku...

^_^ mesti best kan...thanks for sharing sumer citer ko yg best2 ni. And thnks for the bday wish...

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Sayuti, jgn lah gigit lagi.. bukan risau pasal gigi ko, aku riasu pasal aset kompani jer..

serius beb, takyah jeles sgt, aku cumo berniat nk share jer..

arwen_my, nih nk aku blajar utk tangkap underwater photo ker tangkap gambor weddin? cam.. hmm..i heard wedding bell!! shhhhhhh..

HAppy Birthday Chivil Devil!! Lame tak singgah.. tp u dropped by on ur birthday nih mmng bertambah meriah & sinar lah blog aku yg takder aper aper nih.. thankz.

Spider

Anonymous said...

kau diving ye ah yao... mesti jadi pengalaman yang paling best dalam hidup kau kan sebab dapat diving...
ah yao hebat!!!

Anonymous said...

dat is a nice shot of the clownfish!


Happy Chinese New Year Dude!

Vernon Kedit said...

Wow! Did you take those pics yourself?

May I steal your nemo pic? I love marine life.

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

To mr nager.. WOW mr manager dropped by my blog and actually left a message???!?!?!!??!? WOoW ! Thanks!! yes yes yes u can have the picture. In fact, not u alone who are interested to the nemo shoot.. but u're the only one who really asked for permission before taking it.. that's what we most appreciate: the respect to hak milik.. thanks :>

Spider

Ajami Hashim said...

lionfish tuh chantek!

Anonymous said...

gilez cun... bestnyer pat berkenalan ngan hidupan laut :)... pic nimo tuh memang cun malatop tak hengat... kalau aku yg dive aku dah tangkap bawak balik... hahaha.. boleh kew.. len kali kalau ko dive sini lg kim salam aku kat juan PABLO mantoya tuh ek... katerkan pakcik dier kimi raikkonen kim salam... kuang3. aper bravooooooooooo...

Anonymous said...

I like the flying manta ray.. he is BIG and spectacular!! U must be very excited when seeing him, right?

U.K.H.

Suhana Sidik said...

Day by day, so many people come and read about this interesting story of your life. Haha...

Miss the old times.

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Thank you Ajami and Tima Kaseh Deck and Xie-Xie U.K.H.-- i just wonder why nobody picks the photo of the frogman as their favourite pic?

To Koncil, thank you for ur support.. and i just share my life in my little humble space yg tak seberapa.. really appreciate each visitor who dropped-by and even dropped a messsage..

Can't imagine how boring my blog will turn into if u'all abandoned my this little blog..

I'll keep on blogging.. promise.

Spider

fariz said...

spidey, got my email on the next possible adventure? Kalau tak dapat, email me.

Unknown said...

uh uh..
lawa banget
I like it..
memang lawa....