Mar 3, 2007

My big smile in Pangkor island.

Welcome back, at least to my sense of smelling the aroma of the land I was born.

... ... ... ...

It was lunch time. The sun shined blissfully on the shore and I could see the sea surface blinking with all those crystals. The breeze was perfect, and also the mood of everybody, and also the sway of the trees, and also the scene...

...but not my camera. I mean, I was having problem capturing the 'Pangkor in me' from the 'Pangkor I see'. I was a lil bit upset. I knew there's something about Pangkor that set it apart from Phuket and Bali, but I just couldn't pull it out to express it in my photographs.

When I felt coming to my wits' end after trying various shoots with various degrees of light exposure, angles and compositions, I heard this song.

Ikhlas tapi jauh, by V.E.

... and there came a breeze, there came the sights, there came the clinks, there came my smile.

What separates Pangkor from Phuket and Bali? The feel like being home.

What is the biggest appreciation of being home for people like me who seldom has the time to really spend my empty days at home? Laying back in all the familiarities.

Pangkor is certainly a place to be called a little village for those who miss the kampung atmosphere back then. The little village where everybody knows each other, the little village that everybody gathers in someone's house to try out the newly bought kara-ok., the little village that everybody ends their day not with a tiring face.....

...the village that you will feel noisy is simply merry but not disturbing-din cuz you certainly know who's cheering; the village that you will feel quiet is simply warmingly peaceful but not freaking lonely cuz you know everyone you know is just around.

This is Pangkor. To be exact, this is Teluk Nipah, not yet the whole Pangkor Island..

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm...joining u to Pangkor..was d best decision i ever made..bcoz i got sumthing differently from others..n let me juz keep it for my ownself..never been to Bali neither Phuket..but this place is totally sumthing different from Redang n Perhentian island..s wat u'v said..d 'village' thing n oso all the friendly visitors..makes u feel part of d island..n thanx for snorkeling-learning-session...

Anonymous said...

Ah Yao... kenapa shoot kali ni tak menjadi? Over exposed sampai nampak everything white... tak cuba taouch-up ke bagi nampak balance semua color nya...
aku cuma bagi komen yang simple simple jer
sorry la kalau hang ambik hati... :)

Anonymous said...

i've no comments bout d pictures u took .. just one Q: did u purposely take those pic in that way? i believe u know waht u're doing..

Just some comments on tis post: no dawg i dun think it worked. i dun feel connected to what u re trying to share.. sorry dawg.

Shunza

Suhana Sidik said...

Not your best post. Obviously in a hurry.
Hey, tak ajak pun. :(

Anonymous said...

woi... pi pangkor tak ajak aku... hohoho... tipu sajork! sorry lew tak leh join, korang g hari sabtu, aku kener kejer lol :( mesti happening korangnyer trip... takper ler, len kali kalu free aku join together... lamer dah tak outing santai2 nih...waaaaaaaaaaaa...

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Sorry everybody I have to admit this is not a good post.., in fact, this is a post i'm not so proud of..

will got a new one post here soon.


spider

Anonymous said...

suka la gambar buaian bawah pokok tu...ada maksud tersirat..then buat saya macam nak nyanyi lagu...pohon beringin tegaknya rimbun..macam dalam citer bwg putih bwg merah dulu-dulu...he he..god job my man --edayu

Jannah said...

Dude. Pasir sana macam lagi putih dari pasir pulau kapas.

Tapi tak jeles pun.

Nanti kita lari ke pulau memana nak tak? Bukak resort sendiri. I nak bukak kedai buku se. Koleksi persendirian dah banyak ni :)

And went snorkeling and saw Nemo.