Apr 18, 2007

We are FIRST BATCH.

No I'm still alive and not drowned in the lonely and 'abandoned' feeling. In fact, life has been quite busy after my last post in my blog. I dun know whether I define 'Busy' correctly or not -- it's more like a feeling of 'Time is running out'..

Yeah, time is running out. That's the right word to describe my feeling recently. As the MSc programme I'm in now is approaching the final few months, everything I do in this campus is sort of having some sentimental touch attached, and ..I am naming every corner of this campus where I used to spend my time at: Monkey Bar, Suicide Garden, Doraemon Park, Chromatography Lap, Moist Trail, and the number of new names are growing fast recently..

Well maybe some of my coursemates wouldn't agree with my sentimental feeling at all. *smile*.. yeah, no doubt, there were some disappointments or maybe ugly things happened during the time we spend together.. but, we lost faith on something but on the other hand we found firmer belief towards something else -- this is how I see the hardest moment happened around.

This is an unconventional MSc. Programme. A senior in my office pointed out this before he agreed me to enter the door of this non-conventional study. Now his word proved. How 'unconventional' this MSc. Programme is, now I realized, and I learnt.

... and the 'unconventionality' becomes more critical when it's the first batch. The first batch, the specimens, the guinea pigs, the white mice -- these are all the complaints we had early this course, oh well maybe the complaints are still going on; but I started to see the privilege of being first batch, as I started to see how the unconventionality has changed my view toward so many things in my life.

Oh yeah the two pictures shown in this post are the designs for the T-shirt of the first batch of UTP-IFP MSc. Petroleum Geoscience Programme.

I decided firmly to have a T-shirt for this special batch, despite of all the ups and downs during the duration of our study and the not-so-up-to-basic-standard 'art-work' design. The Gothics concept of the design is actualy my direct appreciation to the unconventionality of this MSc. programme, and this first batch, and adaptation to the latest trend of design nowadays; while the tag-line "To become master or monster.. we decide" is my direct shout-back to the management that expects us -- the 'chosen' 1st batch student of this programme -- to be excelling.

I don't expect others to appreciate the meaning behind the design, likewise, I don't expect everyone of 1st batch to bear the same passion I have especially after some crash-boom-bang happened around. I'm glad that many of us like the design, and I hope that, whether each of the 1st-batch choose to wear or not to wear this T, they will still be proud of being the very first batch of the programme.

11 comments:

cleo weiland said...

Pioneer batch eh? That's an honour really. To be first among equals, if you wish.

By the way,I love the design, especially the abstract background. Unfortunately I'm not that good in the creative dept but I totally envy those who are gifted in that area! Haha!

Anonymous said...

i love ur life.
no seriously :)

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Tq Cleo for loving the design -- no I'm not 'gifted' or what-so-ever either, what I did was just pulling my true feeling out and tried to express it..

To Lackluster.. hey I wonder where and how do u know my little space.. mind switching link? Ur blog is very interesting for me.. BTW, u seriously love my life or u NO SERIOUSLY love my life? LOL, just kidding beb!

Spider

Sayuti said...

bro, i have my own named spots in utp as well. haha. i'm not sure whether they still exist. lubuk bewak and port tropong somewhere behind propana, pokok berantu dekat sebelah semarang, gurun radiation etc.

ko kan jiwang. so, apa salahnya sentimental skali skala. ye tak?

btw, bape harga t-shirt ni? nak order selai bleh? saja, nak pakai buat riak2 dengan orang lain. hehe.

Anonymous said...

i thk u shd just go with the flow who knws there might be rewards waiting fer u at the end. i heard that ppl in yer industry earn fat income. cheers.

Anonymous said...

haha, hey u twisted mind XP
i mean it laa.. and exchanging links will make me more envious of u. hahah
so of course! already added yours. *wink*

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Sayuti.. ku rase PORT TROPONG ko dekat dgn DORAEMON PARK aku beb!! hahahaha!!

BTW, thank you so much for interested for the 1ST-BATCH T tu.. thanks for supporting.. ko betul2 nak order ker? Hargo tak sure lagi tp around RM35 - RM 40.. kitrng tgh gather order byk2.. Lagi bk order lagi muroh lah .. nnt kuar quotation aku confirm dgn ko ek..

Thanks again dude!!

Shuttersyndicate, thanks for the kind word of yours.. Amin.

Lackluster, thank you for aloowing me to link u and thank you for attaching my lousy blog to ur classy space.. and.. let's get twisted somemore beb!! muahahahha!!

Saper lagi nok order FIRST-BATCH T nih.. ???

Spider

Anonymous said...

ika_zul: wow...good gothic design of the tshirt
ika_zul: i like it!
ika_zul: can i order it too
Spider lEftY: sure u can order
Spider lEftY: i'm serious

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Thank you Ika_Zul.. pandai lak ko copy and paste our YM message kat sini. ORDER beb jgn tak order!!


Spider

Anonymous said...

aku ader baju nih selai.... huhuhu.... cantik siot.... weh, kalau nak tempah so lagik bley ko tuk orang umah aku.... kalau bley la.... hari tuh luper sebab design baju cun sangat luper terus :P

Anonymous said...

aku ader baju nih selai.... huhuhu.... cantik siot.... weh, kalau nak tempah so lagik bley ko tuk orang umah aku.... kalau bley la.... hari tuh luper sebab design baju cun sangat luper terus :P