Mar 28, 2007

"..abandoned.." -- Nick'a 's debut.

There lay a kitty under the old tree, white in color. Uncombed fur was the only part of its body which shivered, the rest, lay peacefully and quietly as if the kitty was only sleeping, not dead.

I parked near the body, staring at it and hence its surrounding.. It was a quiet and silent afternoon, the leaves of the old trees scattered everywhere, obviously nobody cared to clean them up. I looked at the railway station in front of me, the sign board of "Stesen Keretapi Batu Gajah" looked pathetically pale and the whole building was severely flaked off here and there..

I was still sitting in the car. Loading my Nick'a with its battery and some setting. It was my first mission out with Nick'a and I only had a spot but not any threads of idea of shooting good pictures out of here..

.. but I did feel that there was this 'something something' which lay behind what I saw over here..the quietness, the silence, the loneliness.. no, I didn't really manage to capture that particular feeling that haunted me.. until I heard the rumble of a train approaching..

Train?

Absolutely it was. So long, so loud, I witnessed it with my eye, rumbling on the railway in front of the platform, approaching the station, the train gave the station 2 honks as if there were people waving from the platform, rumbling never stopped, nor slowed down, passing by, passing by, so long, so loud, passing by, passing by...... ......

...... ......

The noise slowing down as the train getting further and further away from the station until it was finally muted. The train just passed by the station, it didn't stop. Everything was back to as before -- the quietness, the silent, the loneliness.. but not the clueless me.

I was dazed. I was stunned. The whole 'something something' was all about a 'timeless' touch of this place... I got it..

...trains will just be passing by and it'll not define any meaning of a 'station'..
...as wind keeps flowing by but I don't feel any meaning of time...
...as the leaves kept falling but they were no more any sign of growing of the tree...
...as the body of kitty lying over there, it didn't anymore indicate that there was an end of a life...

... ... only time is dead; the kitty, the trees, the railway station, are abandoned.

I got back into the car and pulled out my handbook. "Abandoned" I wrote. The song of The Fray, "Vienna", started to play in my head, defining the mood so well..

I held Nick'a in my hand, switched it on, "No gorgeous debut, Nick'a." I kinda told him. Yes, we were going to shoot stuff that people left behind, no gorgeous, only sampah we shoot.

ps.. please check out the Tabblo of Nick'a 's debut "abandoned" by clicking the link below

15 comments:

Jannah said...

Depressing sungguh.

You in one of those moods huh?

No pictures of the said cat meh?

Anonymous said...

love it love it love it!!! congrates!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice shots!

Anonymous said...

beautiful and poignant. great work dude...nice to see you tabbloing again.

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Thank you all dudez!!

To Jannah, kesian sgt kt kucing tu aku tak nk tankap lah gambor dio.. lagi deprresiong kang..


Spider

Anonymous said...

Beautiful set. i love the touch of brown on the pics... :)

Anonymous said...

poyo giler..weh ko dah nak abis study eh?

ha cepat2 la balik kl, leh amik gambar aku ngan sue pulak dgn camera baru ko tu

hihi

Anonymous said...

When the line "No gorgeous debut" came across my eye, I started to wonder how the definition of "GORGEOUS" would be if u shoot something "GORGEOUS" instead of "ABANDONED"..

..and I just couldn't think/imagine even one..

The fact is, "RUN AWAY FROM THE TEMPLATE AND THE SYSTEM" is always ur style, no doubt.

.. and being POYO also, ur style.. no doubt.

Congrates NEway.

U.K.H.

Anonymous said...

Ah Yao sudah 'beranak' la...
Lepas ni mesti banyak 'anak' yang KAMERA baru ah yao lahirkan kan...

cleo weiland said...

I love your writings. Poignant. Sentimental. Comforting.

I'm impressed.

On the other hand, your description was accurate enough to give me a gist of what you felt. The photos are remarkable. And sometimes I do feel alone and abandoned.

Until my phone rings and Mr Effi says hye :P

Nway, thanx for your comment on Hani's blog..I'll take it as a compliment :P I'll be keeping an eye on you!

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Ms Ano, nanti2 lah kite g picture hunting and Sue and ko jadi model aku.. -- ceh POYO lagi, macam lah hebat sgt tangkap gambor.. pergh!

U.K.H.,appreciate ur understanding -- "run way from template and the system" is somehow I'm trying hard to do and sometimes i just pathetically fail to do so.. sigh..bout GORGEOUS shoot? no.. my GORGEOUS maybe not the GORGEOUS everybody else thinks..

Tuah, ade orng bagaikan aku milik Nick'a as milik bini.. skrng ko lak kate KITRNG dh beranak.. mmng padan lah.. tp pelik..

Cleo Weiland, WOW what a surprise!! Thanks for dropping by.. and all the compliments u gave.. and u know what, i'm gonna link ur blog to mine, buleh x?

Spider

Anonymous said...

re:

hi there.
i just notice yer comment on my fp.
thx, mate. i wonder from where did u get my fp.

alrite. about the RAW thingy. i do shoot RAW, sometimes, not all the time. secondly, post-editing is a must in digital photography. thirdly, YES u can tag me. let me know if u've tagged me. btw, do u hv fp, too?

do u take those pix on yer blog? real nice. i like yer style.
cheers.

cleo weiland said...

I've linked you :)

Sayuti said...

wong. nanti ajar aku pakai tabblo ye. huhu.

Anonymous said...

the story of "abandoned" was actually sumthing..don't know how to describe it...but the way you describe the station, the loneliness n etc,etc I actually understand what you actually mean. And I love it the way you use all those simple words and change it to sumthing not every person can understand it. Lucky me I read a lot of novels so I do understand what you are trying to say. Like I said in my blog "there are things we need to let go but doesn't mean we are going to forget them"