Dec 24, 2007

A rendezvous

"Hey you are so much thinier than I thought..."
"... and you're not as tall as I imagined..."

Ok, obvious enough. They met for the very first time, face to face, after knowing each other virtually for more than a year -- Yeah Jannah, you dropped by my blog and left your first comment in the post entitled "Love is in the air", dated 2nd September, 2006.

Still remember those old days where we made jokes about the half-blind date meeting up our pen pal whom we never knew how he/she look like or even the gender? Yeah obviously this kind of joke is extinct in the era of ..erm.. internet.. But that does not mean that the 'half-blind' date is not anymore exist.

The dinosaur is still here, it just switched into another form of appearance. Well what I'm trying to say here is, yeah you don't have to worry about 'is a she or he or he-she that I'm going to meet' or 'will I eventually fall in love at first sight' yada yada.. but there are still something bothering about meeting someone whom you were virtually in contact with.

"Do I walk too fast for you? Let me know if you find hard to keep up the pace..."
"Is that your normal behavior to talk in English?"
"Do you always laugh like crying?"
"I like that blue. Do you like that blue?"

"Do you really like green?"
"You don't really go for fast food, do you?"

---- Yeah things like these. We asked weird questions, like kids meeting their favorite cartoon characters in real life -- so familiar yet so uncertain.

Nevertheless, the date went naturally smooth. Only a few occasionally shocking moments that made me rejudged the sanity of the girl. For example, erm.. for example.. hmmm.. hey how could you consider a girl as a complete sane creature when she suddenly burst into loud laugh when an emotionally intensive scene was rolling on the big screen and everybody in the cinema was almost in tears?

"If we have a bigger blogger gathering it would be cool, kan?" "Yeah, we should ask Sayuti, Flo-C and even Red Ruby out next time, ULAM panels reunion..."
"Hah.. what happened to ULAM?"

"..........."

The dinner was cool, not about the food, but the atmosphere, and the live band. Personally I thought I shouldn't go out with a girl until night time, but her 'Cinderella Time' was in fact up to the last LRT train. "Huh?!! You actually allocate one whole day time for this date?" I once asked her with all the innocence that you could think of from a Kampong boy, and I forgot what was her response. I hope she did not think that I AM SUCH A NERD or what ever equals to that.

..Nevertheless, I got to admit that I think she's a DRAMA QUEEN to me.. bubbly, adorable, but still a DRAMA QUEEN. Just look at the way she posed to the big face of Josh Holloway of Davidoff billboard or James 'Sawyer' Ford of Lost, well.. hmm.. as if he could realy feel her..

Owh whatever, maybe the whole day for both of us, was truly a day where people we only in touch through a screen, came alive.

ps.. what this Drama Queen says about the date and me? Here.

7 comments:

Jannah said...

Drama queen? Moi? Yes I mengaku, the tendency to do supposed crazy drama things is still burning bright inside. I did managed to curb this though, keeping this streak only for special occasions such as Sawyer looking so sexy for that perfume add.

Sayuti said...

ngedet tak sound!

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Haha.. Jannah, dram jangan tak drama!!!

Sayuti, next time, next time.. hehehehe..

-f-l-o- said...

You guys met!!!! How freaking cool is that! Well... if you guys are planning for a meet up for ULAM crew, let it be in February when I'm home for a short time. Short time.

cleo weiland said...

Hey Spider, glad to know you and Jannah are dating. You have no idea what a relief it is that she's over Effi, call me paranoid but hey she did write about him. A lot.

So after hearing the whole EffiandCleo story you must think I'm a villain of some sort. Haha :P Well that's what the whole blogging community must think and I have to say, one year on, I don't really care.

Anyway first dates with people you've known online always turn out to be better than you expect. Effs and I started out the same way too :)

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

FLO, yes it was certainly cool!! and really hope you can join us for the next one.. then we'll have more drama going on.. hahaha.. TWO DRAMA QUEENS beb! TWO!!

CLEO, LONG TIME NO SEE!!! Hhaha I've never expect that it's THIS post that made you finally came back to my little humble space.. BTW, nah, no villain no hero here.. only Romeos and Juliets... and I think I'm out of the drama, right? (double check) RIGHT?

:>

Where have u been? Cuti ker?

dikazzz said...

hehehe...the main point here is...kampung boy? eheheheee... :p