Dec 31, 2007

World, here I come

Do we need a theme for a new year? Well I don't think so.

In fact, I don't really believe in the stuff we call 'New Year's Resolution'.. But as we're approaching to the end of year 2007, my life approaches to some endings in various perspectives -- I'm checking out Impiana Hotel tomorrow, checking out my 4-month 'expatriate lifestyle' tomorrow; I finished my thesis and hence officially ending my student life towards end of the year 2007 -- the whole situation affects me both mentally and maybe emotionally, and it made me somehow think that 2008 will be a whole new kick-start for me, and hence I'm thinking of a theme for it.

And hey guess what I managed to grab something out of my almost-invalid student identity and it opened up opportunities for me to explore the world in the year ahead by using all the privileges of being a 'student' -- Yeap, as you can see in the picture, that's my UNIESCO-endorsed International Student Identity Card (ISIC), read up the link and you'll know what are the 'opportunities' about.

My point is rather straightforward here. See how the circle works? We're getting to the end of something, and at the same time we're beginning a lot of new ventures --

Yes I'm checking out from those luxurious hotels but I'm so much looking forward to stay into a little apartment that I'm going to share with 2 buddies of mine;

Yes I'm no more a student and no more having those conveniences of quiting office hours sesuka hati, but I think I'm ready to be back to my position in the industry.. (and yet, by having ISIC, I still can enjoy the privileges of being a student, worldwide) ;

Yes year 2007 is finishing (Gosh another 23 hours to go..), but 2008 is coming, with new friendships, new families, new outdoor plans (Fariz my dearest big brother, this is for you and me!), new travel destinations, new diving trips, new hobbies (a photography studio, maybe.. *smirk*) and old pals coming back...... 2008 is so much anticipated with ALL the new buzz!

So have I thought a theme for 2008 and for myself?

Goodbye, 2007. Welcome, 2008. World, here I come. HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Wong!

New year's resolution? My resolution this year is to fullfilled the past years' resolutions ;-)

Owh...wait... what are these resolutions actually (am asking myself)...err...nothing...

but still... Happy New Year.

Am - theoneandonly

Anonymous said...

yes, happy new year to u too.

Jannah said...

Dapat juga you apply for the International Student ID tu yek?

Jeng jeng, someone who shall not be named left a comment la. Wow. I'm seriously impressed. Bila la masanya we all can get together and laugh about all this kan?

Happy New Year!

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Lawak lah ko Am.. new year's resolution is to bring forward this year's resolution to next year, straighforward then.. hehehe

Lackluster, New Happy Year, shall we? Hahaha..

Jannah, dapat jugak, at very end of my STUDENT-LIFE.. hehehe... at least something in my wallet to remind me I need to do something for the RM20 spent..

Someone left a comment? hmmm... I think I'm thinking what you're thinking...

Anonymous said...

Not really mata sebelah kiri(ey d'lefty). How can I bring forward the so-called resolutions if I actually have none!

Okay lah, if that's the case, perhaps I can say 'dating with some (mind that word, SOME) hot chicks, and I mean really searing hot, that will surely crowned me the most wanted bachelor in town'.

Can that be considered as a resolution? Good Lord, my godgrandmother in kampong will break her jaw for laughing out loud for the fact that that seems so damn impossible!!!

Suhana Sidik said...

Nothing is impossible.

I've done half of the things i wanted from my last year list. This year, a new resolution all together.

Happy New Year to you too, bro!

Anonymous said...

hallo2. wah sudah meninggalkan alam pembelajaran. ntah bila la aku pulak....