Mar 20, 2009

less.on me -- Sg. Pisang camping trip



I splashed some water on the big-enough-to-cover-5-tents flysheet, crawled onto it and started
cleaning off the dirt. My neighbours peeped on me from their window. I know I looked stupid doing this crawling-on-a-sheet stuff under such a big sun.

I still have my buff on my head -- yup, the one I wore during my stay in the jungle of Sg Pisanarea. Just came back from the 2-day-1-night camping, a rather light 'KOMA' outing, but definitely not light in its significance.

..and it was the strong feeling that pulled me straight to this house-keeping tasks, even not a seconds of rest after I reached home from Sg. Pisang.

A kid of neighbourhood came nearby me and looked at what I was doing. He was wearing a Spider-man T-shirt, and in his hand was a 'Spidey' weapon. Yeah adik Spiderman, I know I'm occupying your playground now -- please bear with me -- and BTW, it's 3 pm, still early for play-time.

The big warm sun over my head reminded me of the storm and heavy rain pour during our stay in Sg Pisang a night before. 8 of us hided under this big fly-sheet, with our ground-sheet was all-overly wet, plus my LAFUMA tent got soaked with heavy down pour, and flooded inside.

Ground sheet is a lil bit tricky to get it cleaned. I needed a rag to wipe off the dirts. Some details needed to be taken care of. The kid was still looking at me. "Besarnyerrr.." I heard he whispered. I smirked. Yer dik, besar dan berat. It's huge, and heavy.

I just realized a shameful fact about myself for being a mountain hiker -- I've never looked seriously at the importance of fly sheet nor ground sheet, and I've never cared enough to carried these sheets up to a mountain or entered a campsite -- all until this trip to Sg. Pisang. What a shame.

..and realizing this shameful fact made me remembered some names in KOMA -- PapaJai, Fariz Angah, Zana and Amir -- They are the true backbones of KOMA, the real spines of every adventure outings, and in contrast, I'm just a playful kid who only look for fun out there.

I'm just like the kid watching me doing all the dirty works but knows nothing, except waiting eagerly for his playground to be cleared...

It's time to grow up, and to bear some responsibilities -- this message stroke me when PapaJai expressed his hope on me in the Sg. Pisang jungle. "Being the strongest doesn't mean being the fastest to reach the puncak.. A true 'Mohawk' doesn't only stay in front.."

'Mohawk', is another term for Run-Leader. He leads a troop together with Sweeper and Back-Marker. PapaJai introduced the 'drop-off' system for hiking -- the convoy system designed for bike riders originally, "a true 'Mohawk' shares his energy throughout the troop, and holds the right attitude for the troop -- you have the strength, Man, and we now need your attitude.."

Attitude.

I hope this is not too late for being a more responsible me -- responsible to my hiking hobby, responsible to my promises, responsible to my friends, and responsible to my troop.

I stood up. Smiled to the kid. The warm sunlight shone on his face, and obviously he was excited to think that I was going to clear up his playground. I smiled again -- Hey adik, I still have my LAFUMA and my sleeping bag to be washed, and I'm going to leave the sheets HERE on your play ground before it's totally dry -- and hey, your play time is 5, right?

I rubbed his head before I left him, caught a glance at his T-shirt again. Spider-man. Hmmm... I smiled.

"With great power comes great responsibility.." -- I was speechless but shook my head with smirk, cuz all of a sudden I kinda saw PapaJai standing in front of me, wearing the Spider-man T-shirt, sengih.

..and in his hand, there's a lesson to me.


19 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very humble post, indeed..

Naughty Adam said...

waaa outing wit paintball n camping... syoknyaaa!!!

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Shunza, tq very much... masih lepak kt Houston kerrr??

Adam -- tu lah, ajak ko p ko last minute pull out, hampeh!!

RS. said...

reading ur posts always make me feel how "unfit" i am !
hahaha
bt i guess we enjoy diff kind of "tirednessss"

totally love this post :)

Anonymous said...

alhamdulillah.. dah sedar akhirnye...

Anonymous said...

:) nice posting...rasanya malas akak nk update blog pasal trip ni...huhuhu...

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Raja,

Glad u like this post -- trying to make me 'cerpen' shorter this time.. hahaha..

Anonymous said...

amie, dah byk kali kene piat telinga, harus lah sedar awal sket, kalu tak lagi capang telinga...

Anonymous said...

tgh basuh khemah pun boleh membebel lagi?

Anonymous said...

mann... alomost forgot ur blog. long time tak singgah... baru baca satu entry.. is it amie?? that girl la... long time no see... huh

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Hey kama... lame tak jumpe.. a'ah itu Amie lah.. minah tu makin gemuk, no wonder ko tak cam.. tak per tak per..

BTW, Tahniah weih!! kawen jugak ko.. hahaha!!

Anonymous said...

siannyer adik tu...

Anonymous said...

aku tak membebel lah dgn adik tu... tp serious shit lepas aku angkat ground sheet and fly sheet, padang u terus penuh dgn budak2... ruper2nyer ramai giler budak2 duk tunggu.. huhuhuhu...

Anonymous said...

aiman pembuli kanak-kanak ditaman mainan.....

Anonymous said...

GILA BEST! GI KEMPING! MAIN PAINTBALL! AFSAL AKU TAK TAU PUN NIH????

Anonymous said...

hai apek.. jaga jaga depan ada longkang... lompat!! aiyaa!! lompat!! aiya!! lompat apek lompat!! aiyaa!!!
ingat pesan aku aiman.. kalau tak aku pakai baju spiderman.. siap ko!!!

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Fatma... aku tak buli pun... dier yg psycho aku..

Andi.. tak per.. trip nih utk budak2 jerr..

Papa!!!!! Finally I hv u dropped by and bace..!! ku mmng selau ingat 'PESANAN' ko tu... tak sempat cakap thank you sbenarnyer...

Anonymous said...

tak yah nak tengkiu man.. aku pun takde la terer mana..
sesama la kita belajar.. walk the talk bro..
hoping for 2nd camping before u guys gone to tahan.. iskh risau aku..

C.Y. said...

hi, i hope u see my comment, i'm planning for a trip to this waterfall, can i get more information from you?
please email me thanks!