May 13, 2009

What's your story? - My 1st Gunung Tahan XPDC.

The moment I realized that I was already missing Gunung Tahan, I secretly made a wish that I'm going to come back here, someday.

To be very frank I whispered a lot in this expedition -- I whispered during trekking, I whispered during the time when I was not singing with the troop, I whispered during the time when I woke up 4:30am in most of the morning and 'ignorantly' and 'stupidly' do things alone in the midst of the jungle..

(I apologize for being stubborn and foolish for putting myself in such a danger of moving alone in the deep darkness..)

... but.. I couldn't explain to you how it was really like that made me keep on whispering. Well if I'm not too exaggerating here, I would say it felt like somebody's listening carefully to you, looking straight into your eye and nodding his/her head when you talk...

I've never felt so close to this 'somebody' before..

Then one fine day I recalled that a big brother of mine left a comment in my blog post titled "Muted in silence", where he said,

"God will always be watching your back.. just continue talking and asking... God will talk back to you in its own mysterious way... but you'll figure it out..."

Yes, I have figured out..

Praise to God Almighty, I visited Gunung Tahan with a brand new me. When the meaning of a reborn is so significance, the trails and paths in the jungle of the mountain range somehow became symbolic, and I felt Him walk by me, all the time, in Tahan..

*******************************************************

-- The day when I was on my rushing pace -- together with Daus, Coco and Amie -- moving toward the campsite on Botak, few kms before the peak of Gunung Tahan, the scenery took my breath away;

-- The day when 18 of us heading to Kem Gedong via the winding road on the backbone of Tahan mountain range, the splendour of the view made me officially falling in love..;

-- The day when we stood on the peak of Gunung Tahan and the moment when the fog dispersed, I felt a feeling that was used to be described in a poem, somewhere..

... but -- it's not all about the magnificence of the scenery that made people enchanted and keep on coming back here regardless of the toughness and harshness of the trail, I believe..

..it's more about the story, the story that happened between oneself and the mountains.

The moment I realized that I was already missing Gunung Tahan, I secretly made a wish that I'm going to come back here, someday, just because of the story that happened to me while I was in deep inside the heart of the mountains...

..and I've told you mine, what's your story?

18 comments:

RS. said...

I've never been to Tahan. so.. im kinda like inadequate to comment ! haha

but yeah, i get the feeling. the feeling when i got up late at night, going out and staring at the moon or out to the sea...

coz i just feel like i wanna !

it's the most tranquil feeling isnt it??

:)

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Raje,

U should go to Tahan.. but plz make sure u've trained well... so that u can really enjoy the trainquility before u get tired and dragged by the lousy feeling of 'wanting to go home'... never, never, never have that feeling when u're in nature -- cuz there's already our home.. right?

Pink Itu Jambu said...

congrats bro!!!

Coco said...

Just wait....dalam proses percetakan

CK said...

I conquered MT Tahan in 1996 and I've made the same promise. Although, I never been up there again, i'll make sure to be at the park now and then.

Ikha said...

waaaaa.......! TAHNIAH! TAHNIAH! ^__^ (dalam hati tetap ade jeles!)

Loli said...

aku punya kisah sedih...repeat3

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Coco.. cepat blog.. kak yus pun duk berblog dah.. Daus nyer blog tak kuar2 lagi .. hahaha..

CK, Ikha, jom lah kite naik..

Loli... jgn sedih2.. ko dah buktikan ko mmng gempak..!

Shunza said...

u walk like a new baby... u got the freshest sense, plus the cleanest air in the heart of the mountain.. hence u sense Him...

Congratulation bro..!!

Jai said...

CK a.k.a pendaki tua..
i must agree with you.. I conquered MT Tahan in 2000 and I've made the same promise. Been there for 2nd time in 2002.. then promise never wanna be back again.. pancit maa.. tobat nasuha.. gua nyaris gantung beg.. hahahahahahah

Coco said...

aku tengah karang kat buku....sebab nak tulis secara proper...nanti aku pos dalam blog...

papa jai...mana leh gantung beb...gantung buaian leh lah lepas ni....

RS. said...

hahaha TOTALLY!! bt i dunno if i will ever be well trained. haha :)

Fariz said...

aku jgak yg masih lagi tertinggal! dengki sungguh...

PapaJai said...

pae.. walupun ko tertinggal.. beg ko dah sampai sana.. adakah ko lupa?? aku pakai beg ko masa pegi 1st time.. sebab beg ko BESAR mcm ko gak..

Fatma (FB) said...

aku cuma ada cerita pengalaman menghantar pendaki gunung tahan ke stesen bas dan menjemput mereka di kl sentral hala balik...

so, so far aku x gantung (hand)bag aku lagi

>..<

shah Farid said...

waaaaaaaa...kagummmm

Ash Burn said...

hek eleh.. nak brpae byk cite Tahan perlu di'blog'kan. cukup2 la manusia yang raja pena mengarang cerita kat blog memasing.

Pada yang tak g lagi, g ler sekali. Stamina so-so pon okay kalu enjoy.

Sapa yang asik kena tinggal tu nasib la.. sapa soh plan menda lain.. dah tau ni ikut majoriti.. lagi mau buat undi minoriti dia tu..

Nasihat: Paie bleh g ngan rina + ngan anak2 + cucu2 nya nanti.. masa tu mesti jd nyer lahh...

sHaH said...

Dude.. your comments and notes is so inspiring and refreshing. Its different from other blogs that i've read. Motivational, spiritual that only mountaineers can interprete.
Will be planning to go there in Feb 2011. 19 to 26 feb to be exact. A bunch of us in the 50's . Yes u heard me right..50's. Anyway, wish us luck.