Aug 19, 2009

Sneak.

Wake up. I caught a grasp of cold air.

Where am I? My eye started searching around. Deep dark. In a cave. I could hardly move my body. I felt pain, but I couldn't moan -- my slight instinct alarmed me to not make any noise.

The boy's sleeping beside me. Peacefully. I look at him, listening to the noise made by another scouting troop. Things never turn right. Things never turn right.

I looked west. The bridge's still there.

*************************************

Wake up. I heard somebody weeping.

My body was laying on my bed. I'm still here, inside the cell. The little boy on next bunk was crying , I need to get him out of here, before the worst.

"....before sunrise.." I read the message written on my arm..

He's the precious. He's the hope. I looked out. The bridge's there, but there're guards around. I moved to him, held his little hand. I could feel him shivering, and he's weak.

"Hey boy, be strong, OK?" I whispered, ".. you're not a coward.. be strong.. everything will be fine, we'll get through this one day.. " I see him nodded.

*********************************

Wake up. I heard people cursing, and the chaos triggered by angry crowd. Realizing something had gone terribly wrong, I looked for the little boy.

..but I was too late.. the boy was captured and tied up. He was still trying hard to breath when I reached him. I saw the bruises on his body, and the stones of blame and humiliation were scattered around him.

"Wake up, buddy.." I shook his little body.

"Hey... look what I've done to this land..." he answered, slowly opened up his eye. I looked around. This land used to be a wonderful place... but it's now full of anger and despair..

"...hey..." the boy continued, ".... I'm a coward, right?" I see tears in his drained eyes.

***********************************

Wake up. I had a nightmare. In it, I lost him.

I can't afford to lose him. I need to bring him cross the bridge. There are helps there. All my brothers across the bridge will protect him, all my sisters across the bridge will give him food.

Eyeing on the bridge, I know I just need to wait for another few hours for the guards to switch shift. He's still breathing. Thank God. Outside of this cave, the scouting troops were still searching around.

I put my hand on this forehead to feel the warmth. He looks so fragile when he's sleeping, but I know he's a strong little boy. He's a gift from God -- a gift that should be guarded till death. Falling on my bended knees, I pray to God. I pray for strength and guidance, so that I can protect him better, so that I won't let him get hurt anymore; I pray for a way out, from all these chaos, from all these misunderstandings; I pray for a better tomorrow; I pray for two lands that is linked by a bridge, not separated by a bridge...

**************************************

Wake up. I caught a grasp of cold air.

Where am I? My eye started searching around. Deep dark. I'm still in the cave.

I looked west. The bridge's still there, and it's cleared. I heard Azan from the other side.

It's time. Fajr Azan is a signal for me and my brothers at the other end. They must be waiting now.

I woke up the little boy, "we gotta go now.." I put him on my back, recalling the message -- the last message left by my brothers earlier, written on my arm --

"Bring Faith back... before sunrise.."

I patted on the boy who's riding on me now, "ready?" he nodded. I turned my head and kissed him, "I'm bringing you back, Faith..."

Faith hold his arm around me tighter. We sneaked out the cave, towards the bridge.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what was the main reason for the 'chaos' happen in your story until i read the final part, then i realized the story is not anymoreimportant, the message is.

Thanks for sharing.

K yus said...

always love your writing..very...very deep...
...we are always here with u...

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

q akak.. just write out whatever i feel..

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Ms/Mr Anonymous, thanks for the comment.. perhaps i'm not a good story teller i guess.. pardon me for that.. :)

and thanks for reading until the final part -- and yes, there's a little message left there.. glad u've grabbed it.

dikazzz said...

another well done kind of sit thinking writing! ^__^ love ur metaphors all the time! u r a good writer tho ;)

Unknown said...

metaphors is to be decoded.. *wink wink* hahaha.. .. long time no see.

RS. said...

<3ssss
i especially love the pictures style :)

Dayang (FB) said...

sangat suka... A+++

k yus said...

waahhh lecturer dh bagi evaluation nye...normal student dpt A+ jer...aiman ni spesel la kot..sbb dpt A+++

Unknown said...

terima kaseh cikgu. huhu..

fariz (FB) said...

cikgu ni tak adil la... ngan Aiman jer bagi Atriple-plus.. tak suka la ckgu ni...

Teacher Dayana said...

may our faith make much stronger this Ramadhan....
thank you for sharing :)

Unknown said...

Angah, well.. waht to do~~ itu baru cikgu subject electric and electronic, blom lagi TEACHER DAYANA yg btol2 INGGERRIIIISSS TEACHER nih hah~~ (giler besar tangki riak...)

Teacher Dayana, thank you for ur kind words.. (Bagi lah bintang mcm Cikgu Dayang.. kasi jeles lagi orng ittew..)

Unknown said...

betapa beratnyer dugaanmu itu, aiman.. tp bak kata org, berat mata memandang, berat lg bahu memikul.. apa2pun, kami sumer, ur kakak2 n abg2 akan sntiasa support and take care of u sedaya upaya kami.. semoga 'the faith' akan kekal selamanya... dan diiringi doa restu dari semua yg menyayangimu... insyaAllah.. aminnn.... : )

Shunza said...

i see it as a short version adventurous plot... short, but leaving us waited the answer in suspense..

i see it as a fiction that fictionalizing a non-fiction ... dramatic, but could be real..

I'll pray for the little boy, and would also pray for the guardian of that little boy -- but obviously he slept too much cuz he woke up a few times in the stpry. hahaha!.

nice one, man!

Sh

Fatma (FB) said...

i'll pray for the little boy to successfully cross the bridge ~ amin ~

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Kak Nazira, tq tq tq tq tq tq....

Shunza, glad that u come back to my blog again... and glad that u enjoyed reading my little story here.. and bout the sleeping-guardian, i can't say more but to admit. (dun know why i end up putting him like this...)

Fatma.. tq for ur prayer..

Dayang (FB) said...

pak'e, jgn lawan ckp cikgu..nak kene rotan???

Fariz (FB) said...

tgk tu.. cikgu yg mmg pilih kasih... merajuk la camni... SENTAPS!!

Anonymous said...

Hope the “brothers and sisters” will always lend a hand, all the way through your journey. Hope that the “two land” will link by a bridge one day. Wish you have a better tomorrow. InsyaAllah.