May 6, 2006

When the Henna fades, the journey ends..

To get ourselves really looked like a bunch of cool, wild, those kinda kick-over-the-traces naughty guys when we were loafing in Bali, on the very 1st morning of our days in Bali, we got ourselves tattoed...

...but since deep inside four of us are still those kinda kindhearted, well-behaved, gentle 'angel-like' species, we only got that ready-to-fade Henna 'tattoed' on our easy-to-cover body part.

I know, some of y'all will say I'm kinda nerd...

..eh-hem.. ...whatever.. (btw, I'm not..) ..there we go...

...we got our 'tattoo' in Kuta Beach with 50,000RP each.. (we then realised that we could even get one with much much cheaper RP..). Azwa The Wayan got a complicated fine-worked little butterfly on the back of her hand; Yahya The Made and Fiza The Ketut got theirs same pattern on same right arm as a...erm.. kinda declaration of love..; and me The Komang, had a real cool striking flare tattoed on none other than a lefty's left arm.

And guess what, after that we couldn't even fathom out how much infatuated we were with our Henna..

I mean at least for me, getting a real tattoo is always something I realy dream for.. Not only cuz' of the art, but also the spirit and the significance..

My Ibanese family once told me, Ibanese got their body tattooed when they started on a spiritual quest by traveling to the other land. I was so thrilled by this romantic story.. and right now right on the land of Bali island, suddenly I felt the mysterious 'spiritual quest' was right ahead of me..

But then, another significance of having a tattoo is the experience of getting disobidient.

I don't really know how did this feeling come to my head, but when you realise that life is conquered by tons of rules, disobidience sometimes make you feel lots better.

...while 'HE HAS TATTOO' always equals to 'HE IS A BAD GUY' in my conservative backyard, shouting 'SO-WHAT??!!!' back to all those blimpish old-fashioned rule-setter is always one of the coolest thing to do, bukan ke gitu?

...but.., still, pathetic enough, what I got was a Henna, the fake tattoo that will fade in 2 weeks time.. wasn't that a sign indicating the truth of '...AND STILL, YOU HAVE TO COME TO MY WORLD OF RULES...'???

'When Henna fades, the journey ends... ' I wrote this in my travelogue when I saw the fading flare on my left arm, in Jakarta, after my unforgettable trip in Bali.

10 comments:

Suhana Sidik said...

Argh.. How I wish I could have followed you guys. And maybe, just maybe, we could have had two machine gunnes... Hehe.. Remember to bring me to Bali next time.

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Sure thing Koncil... I'll go for the second time.. and might go explore deeper in UBUD.. u gotta know this place, it's simply wonderful..

Anonymous said...

aiman, my tattoo is in the process of transformation to permanent one... dats y my memories in bali never fade.
surely we'll visit bali again. this time more adventurous...and of course, more money..hehe

chivv said...

morning spideyyy...
bkn toonto ekhh???? ekekeke....tang sangka terbawa2.... haku tgh baca buku abt toronto, so, dlm kpaLa hotak asek toronto ekekeke....so sorry..... tgh tunggu ur new entry niehh

Anonymous said...

Toronto? Toronoh? sounds alike... Spider where r u going to study then?

U.K.H

Anonymous said...

Hey dude, nice to get back in touch n knowing that u'll be leaving for studies in Toronto soon. Ur blogs r definitely interesting. Enjoying life eh? Anyway, all d best in ur studies n keep in touch. Cheerios!

Janice

Anonymous said...

hey!i agree with you..
being disobedient sometimes makes us stronger and feel good about ourselves..
btw, where r u going to study??

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Brookiesblog said...

aww your story is really cute!!! i personally am obbsessed with henna and spend most of my summer vacations covering myself with them!!! I have been every since 7th grade when we had an experiance India day and we had some parents give us them! i then bought a big pack of henna cones on Ebay and went to Borders for a book with instructions!!!