Jan 15, 2007

The last field-trip


Something's haunting me recently as I am trying hard to pull my concentration towards my carbonate notes on my desk. It is a fact. A cruel truth, that swings my focus out of the exam preparation.

Yes, everyone who was in that trip should know well enough what I'm trying to say -- we've just come back from our very last field-trip......in other words, no more field trips ahead -- to be precise, no more field trips with the same cool and fun gang again, and that is sad.

I have some stories and pictures that I drafted in my head before this post. They are all about our 'cuti-cuti-malaysia'-type of destinations during the geological field-trip, but I chose to put this post prior to all those stories, just because I can't help thinking back those days in Sarawak and also the short course in KL.

This is not any remarkable post that would gather any remarkable thoughts. This post is just a sentimental and miserable note left after my fun and memorable geological field-trip during my MSc. study.

I dedicate it to my 'monsterly' fun 'monsters' coursemates, to the sempoi organizers, to the respectful technical leaders of this trip, Mr Yamin and Mdm Asiah, and to another two coolest new friends we met, Omar and Mahadhir.

Footnote:

1.Blame the network problem in UTP's village -- I couldn't get online to have my regular blog update;

2. Blame the tsunami -- I still believe it's the main reason of getting the internet slow like damned;

3. Blame the exam -- whatever;

4. 15th Jan. is my blog's 1st anniversary, so I did some changes in my layout of my post. Spot it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha...thanz for the compliment to put may face in d layout...this fieldtrip really make me learn sumthing..esp d xpedition to Niah Cave...we r realy a team dude..i am gonna miss this fieldtrip forever..n miss having comrades like u guys..in fact,who can believe...we share not only part of geology knowledge..

Suhana Sidik said...

Been quite a while since I last read your blog.
Hey spider, in lots of ways, i envy you. Been thinking a lot lately about doing MBA or take 1 year leave from work and volunteer somewhere.
Hmm.. Just a thought.
But definitely this year, I'll climb Mt Kinabalu too.

:p

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Koncil, thanks for ur nice words.. dun say those words like 'i envy u'.. everybody is envying everybody else in this world.. u're definitely envied by somebody out there for being a gorgeous and charming young lady..

To Dani, sorry for the hanging story.. there are more stories to come, i promise -- they are all in my otak now.., just need some time to put them in word while i'm forced to struggle with the becoming examination (again?) right before my next trip to Similan.. (huhuuh...)

spider

fingertalking said...

wow, dis fieldtrip sounds gReaT huh, cool! i'm hvg non-technical module dis month, kinda missing the familiar geological worlD haha. jap, ur course abes bila ek, i mean b4 start intern?

Anonymous said...

hoho.. 'coolest' ker aku.. wong, adakah se'coolest'air kat clearwater hari tuh... hahaha. dis is really memorable story to me with the best new fwen that i met in miri & mulu.. len kali bley outing lagik. btw good luck tuk final mung... hoho.

kama said...

missing our usm geophysics field trip/ field camp... hmmm..