May 20, 2007

What's your deepest fear?

Out of many many different types of phobia that he could find, none indicates truly what happened to him. Maybe Prof Floyd and his successors have the psychological term for it, maybe.

Or maybe Cleptophobia terms the closest. Cleptophobia- fear of stealing. He met CodeName 'The Blue' and started to suspect CodeName 'The Blue' stole his talent. He never believed that talents can be stolen but now he firmly claimed that that was the only way that CodeName 'The Blue' owns his most precious ability -- the talent of building Fusion Web, and the ability of mixing himself into another colonial.

CodeName 'The Blue' appeared so much alike to him, he felt unsettled to think of another existence of 'himself' in the same world. "What if CodeName 'The Blue' did not steal ANYTHING from me? What if what he owns are what I own?" He thought to himself in one sleepless night, and suddenly he realized that the deepest fear of him was not about the fear of stealing, it was more than that. Maybe Eisoptrophobia could explain the deepest phobia of him. Eisoptrophobia- Fear of mirrors or of seeing oneself in a mirror. ... It was the 'another him' that feared him most-- which led to the fear of being not anymore special and unique, and original.

He decided to claim the privilege from CodeName 'The Blue'. He tracked him down, and finally they met face to face.

"What do you think is your deepest fear?" first question from CodeName 'The Blue'.

He was surprised as he thought the first question from CodeName 'The Blue' supposed to be 'why are you following me?' ..

"I thought mine was Symmetrophobia, cuz' I just couldn't stand to have two same things with same functions exist in a same space.." CodeName 'The Blue' continued.

Symmetrophobia- Fear of symmetry. Similar to his Eisoptrophobia. He realized that CodeName 'The Blue' had gone through the same reflection process too.

"I came from Zone K-1-579, same zone you're manufactured from, CodeName 'The Black'," apparently CodeName 'The Blue' tracked him down as well.

"... the Fusion Web..?" wondered CodeName 'The Black'.

"It is not a talent as what we claimed," CodeName 'The Blue' seemed to see through what's in his mind, "the Fusion Web was originally uploaded into our system, any spider who are from Zone K-1-579 can easily own this ability.." explained CodeName 'The Blue'.

Silence ensued. Meeting CodeName 'The Blue' made him sunk into deep thought most of the time. "...so you tracked me down too?" out of bunch of flying wonders in his mind, CodeName 'The Black' chose this to ask CodeName 'The Blue'.

"This is..." CodeName 'The Blue' paused and took a deep breath, then a long sad sigh, "..ironic...," he said, "... the ability of building Fusion Web allows us to mingle well with another colonial, and even sometime allows us to be transformable into their type -- this ability should have created the sense of embracing variety, but we just couldn't accept the fact of having another one of ourselves who could do the same..." explained CodeName 'The Blue' sadly.

"..even though the fact of having another one of ourselves IS a part of the variety..." CodeName 'The Black' finished up the untold part of the sentence , which is the most ironic part of their destiny..

"Yes.." CodeName 'The Blue' cleared his throat, "..that's why both of us tracked each other down after the day we met... it's not to get rid of, it's simply to reassure the sense of security to the meaning of existence of our own selves."

"To encounter face to face with our deepest fear.." CodeName 'The Black' mumbled when CodeName 'The Blue' turned around and left the spot.

What's our deepest fear? CodeName 'The Black' sunk in deep thought. The Cleptophobia, the Eisoptrophobia, the Symmetrophobia, all together they still couldn't quote the fear of loosing the privilege of being special and unique, and the sense of originality that boosted their confidence and molded their belief in life. Or, switching into another perspective, maybe it is Athazagoraphobia that terms the closest. Athazagoraphobia- Fear of being forgotten or ignored.

Maybe.

Footnote: Behind the scene..
This is NOT a post that inspired or altered from SPIDERMAN 3, for God's sake. This post, is inspired by the true feeling and the true meeting that happened just recently in my life. However, the pictures are not recently snapped. I took these spideys' picture the day before our last field trip of my MSc. study, when I was preparing the 'SpideyScale', spending my leisure moment doing some handcrafts. Never thought that the pictures I took early this year will eventually help to visualize my feeling right here right now after 137 days of keeping it in my picture folder. Special thanks to Dani for sponsoring the CodeName 'The Black' spider.

16 comments:

Sayuti said...

entri ko mengingatkan aku pada satu episod katun futurama, yang bender jadi firaun tu... huhu.

haih, wong2. ko nih memang aneh!

.:BaSkeTcaSe:. said...

SPIDEY...thanz for ur 'vocab' review session..now i realize that i knida having this sort of Athazagoraphobia..aha..

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

To Sayuti, just a lame trial to put a serious and heavy topic into a plot that is able to carry and convey it.. memang aneh pun, tp what to do, mak aku pun cakap anak dier nih memang aneh sket.. tp dlm bahasa mak, aneh tu means SPECIAL lah kut.. hehehe

Basketcase, u bet! I learnt those phobia psychological names too by doing a research on it.. kinda cool huh.. oh yeah BTW, the fear of BURUNG is Ornithophobia and fear of AYAM is Alektorophobia.


The Code-Named with Ornithophobia and Alektorophobia,
Spider

Anonymous said...

U're right Sayuti, this post is weird.. plain weird. Sometimes I just couldn't figure out what is in the mind of my little brother here.. but to you SpidEY, whatever it is, this post features a futuristic touch, and further complicated with your complex philosophy, with all those psychological terms added in, I almost got fainted and throw out after reading this..

No lah! I'm just kidding bro! So which one is u? Code Name The Black or Code Name The Blue? or both of this 2 spiders are just a reflection of ur own?


Always care bout u,
ur big sister

Anonymous said...

aha..no matter how weird the people cakap..i suka this post :p u r so creative! yosh!

Anonymous said...

Such a freak -- think u've read too much sci-fi novel or what-so-ever..

..but read it carefully i thnk there's some messages behind ur psot -- just like ur previous previous posts.. -- wow i always find surprises from ur blog.. but i hv to read twice, that is kind of annoying sometimes.. ;p

U.K.H.

-f-l-o- said...

It is annoyingly long and I don't have much time to read such a long post of pages with long words of long alphabets... Btw, my deepest fear is slow death.

My not-so-deep big time fear is failing - I hate failure. My shallowest fear is cameralostophobia which is the lost of a camera after you're coming back from a wonderful holiday with all the beautiful pictures inside... LOL.

I need a margarita.

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

To Shunza, to U.K.H., to Flo, sorry for an annoying post.. and thanks for trying (or not?) to read the message behind.. appreciate that.

To dikaz., thank you for liking this weird thing..

--- * sigh * ---


needing somebody who read to understand,
Spider

chivv said...

tak tercapai akalku....

memula ingt nak buka kamus pasal fobia2 ni, tp bila baca sampai bawah, erm...

aku fobia tpt ramai org :)

thanks for ur comment kat me blog. balik btlu aku bt check up...

im going back ths 25th

fariz said...

what the heck!? penat aku baca sampai bawah. ingatkan nak baca ur blog to release all the steam in my head.. but you are really increasing the temperature beyond boiling point. now my ears start to whistle macam cerek kena jerang atas dapur kayu...

got another project. free on 1st & 2nd Jun? buzz or gmail me.

Anonymous said...

I dun know, but ur post sounds real interesting to me.

I tried to guess whatever I could through anything I know bout u -- obviously this post is about u, and ur fear -- well the clue is so obvious, 'SPIDER'.

And then I read the post twice.

The *FUSION WEB* really annoys me as it's like a blind spot that i could not at all decode..

..but let me do a daring guess -- if this post is all about u, and if I'm right about my presumption, the Zone K-1-579, is that a code for 'Kelantan'? The place where two spiders *MANUFACTURED FROM*??

u're still old u, yao. I miss all the treassure hunts game u designed in old days...

ur old pal.

-f-l-o- said...

It's not the post that's annoying (your blog has always been interestingly smart and creative, incase you haven't notice), it's the length of the post. Nothing to do with your creativity, it has everything to do with my own time.

In other words, I have created my own annoyance via your post. Ignore me. Liverpool lost last night. And you know I always have a weird sense of humour. I'm still pretty though.

cleo weiland said...

I wonder how these fears actually develop. An incident during childhood or a traumatic experience as a young adult? Hmm.

And so many blue spiders all over this post.

PS: By the way, I won't be blogging again til sem starts in late July. Till then take care, cheers~

Anonymous said...

kau dah mula buat kraftangan pulak ke? kirim lah satu utk aku... sebagai kenangan...

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

To Chivil, no u dun hv to open a dictionary to look for the meaning of all those phobias.., I defined them in the post, if u noticed. BTW,fobia kat tempat ramai orng ade namanyer: Agoraphobia- Fear of open spaces or of being in crowded, public places like markets.

To brader Fariz, well we're going to hv another outing to let our steam released, right? Bear with my mumbo jumbo here..

Mr Anonymous (old pal?),please let me know who are u.. r u K.Leng? no i dun think so.. someone who loved to play my game? tell me who u are!! cuz u almost broke all the clues in this post..

F-L-O, no sweat.. thanks for your compliment.. can i put it as a testimonial for my blog.. ?? aku tahu mmng susah nk dpt ko MEMUJI orng!! I'm honoured.

To Cleo, I believe phobia comes after some trauma experiences, but not all.. i can discuss this topic in another lengthy post but i dun think my readers will like it.. :p
Happy Holiday.

To Tuah, kraftangan tu utk saje2 nk buang mase.. xleh lah jadi kiriman/ buah tangan sbb terlalu hodoh..


To all, a short break for my final exam paper for my MSc study.. i'll be back.


Spider

Anonymous said...

Anti-anxiety drugs may also help you make strides towards overcoming your phobias. These medications are prescription strength and are available for both long-term and short-term use. One example of a drug xanax , it has help people with phobias is benzodiazepine. Often, medication works best in conjunction with other types of therapy treatments. http://www.xanax-effects.com/