Apr 10, 2008

Adrift. -- Blum lupo Blom

I'm still wondering what should I put down into words to say anything about my recent outdoor trip to Royal Blom Forest. I'm out of any idea nor words..

The whole 'wordless' experience is actually carried forward from Royal Blom Forest (Hutan Blom) itself. I found myself not thinking of anything when I was trekking in the virgin forest of Royal Blom -- and that was pretty unusual to me as I always find myself sunk into deep self-reflection when I'm embraced by the essence of mother nature...

..but, not this time.

This time, I only had a song in my head. 'Adrift' by Jack Johnson.


music player


... and I do know why. First of all, the whole Hutan Blom outing was a leisure one, which I'd rather call it an 'outing' than an 'adventure'. And the whole leisure concept brought back all the relaxing moments and plain chilled-out stuff that we've left behind all these days struggling in the big city like KL. Hence the song came, replacing all my serious self-reflection thoughts.

Secondly, it was of course about the boat trips we had during our stay in Royal Blom. To the matter of fact, boat trips consumed 1/3 of our time in this outing. Another two 1/3's were jungle trekking and of course resting in our campsite.

..hence the song came, I thought, because we were adrift, I thought...

..until I realized what Blom had truly offered me.

Blom offered me a song. Blom offered me what I had before, and what I've forgotten.

Since when I've lost my soundtracks and lost all my interest to soundtracks? I still remember well how each moment in my life could relate to certain beats and rhythms, but what happened then?

Blom offered me a reminder -- the soundtracks to my moments, the river, the bamboo rafting, the ultimate bamboo stick drift I made with my big brother, the afternoon nap on boat swaying by the rhythmic wave, the starry starry night, etc etc etc -- it's a wake up call to my little kid inside me..

The little kid that have been abandoned so long long ago, when I fell into the struggle to survive in the big city like KL.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

..and you said you dun hv any serious reflection in this outing, and then u just posted one... hmmm...

I believe you got some more to tell, right?

Anonymous said...

love the track.
love the pics.

God, it drives me crazy sometimes when people are writing/posting about how well their holiday/trip/getaway are/were when i am trying to cope with every single shit happening.

yeah, i did laugh now and then. bt compared to the "freedom" feeling that people around me have... it's pretty tough.

yeah i know, this too shall pass.

cant wait!


p.s. u wouldnt know how jealous i am.

dikazzz said...

huwaaaaa.....! that's all i can say to u spidey! ^_^

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Shunza, that's very paranoid u are.. and here u are, u got me everytime! darn..

Somemore to tell? sure I hv.. but see what i meant? I'm running out of words bout it.

Raje, jgn ler jeles... somehow I jeles ko nyer leisure relax free time.. and this is freedom ler..

Dikazzz!!!! sorry ler tak leh ajak ko join this time.. it's under company.. next time eh.. heheheeh


Spider

Suhana Sidik said...

Uwaa.. can't join the get together.

But where are ALL those other nice friendly humanly pix?