Jun 30, 2008

Lesson-learnt guaranteed

Ok.. let's talk about lessons that we pick up from what we do in our life. Sometimes when we give up and give in, the lessons rewarded are always far better to be remembered.

Here's a list of what happened in last 2 weeks -- a fully packed 2-week of back-to-back activities that guaranteed some lessons-learnt.

******************************************************************************

1. Hiking up Gunung Dato (15th June)

Briefly: I forgot to mention in my last post, that I was kinda cautious during the night sk8 in Putrajaya as I had another plan of mountaineering on the next day, I mean I needed to save my energy.

Give-in & give-up: A leisure and relaxing Sunday and good rest before my 1-week volley ball intensive training came the next day.

Result: I had great fun and great sweating climbing up the top of Gunung Dato.

Lesson-learnt: No matter how busy and how packed your schedule is, always look for time to go to nature, because you'd never know how much satisfaction nature would give you in return!

******************************************************************************

2. Malacca half day trip (15th June)

Briefly: Right after the Gunung Dato we headed to Malacca, aiming for dinner served with grilled seafood like ikan bakar, but ended up we spent most of the time looking for the correct routes and taking pictures in Studthuys and China Town.

Give-in & give-up: We could have choosen to have a slow and leisure ride home right after 8 hours of hiking up and coming down from Gunung Dato and enjoyed the rest of our Sunday.... but we did not take that.

Result: I found my sense of photography came alive in Malacca. The feeling was simply so-right! Check out more pictures in my Flickr and Tabblo below.
Tabblo: Colors and Smiles in Malaca

See my Tabblo

Lesson-learnt: A revisit to a place doesn't mean to be boring! A wonderful place can wake up our long lost inner sense of wonderfulness, I just experienced it!

******************************************************************************

3. PETRONAS Family Carnival Sport Game: Training & Matches & Carnival (16 - 28th June)

Briefly: It was the very first time I joined PETRONAS Family Carnival despite of years of working in the company, and I kinda glad to join in as a sport player of one of the contingent which allowed me to participate with greater spirit and enthusiasm.

Give-in & give-up: Did I give up anything for joining this? Let me think... hmm... oh yeah, away from my workss in office for almost 2 weeks time to play sport that I love -- that's a huge giving up and giving in! *smirk*. Plus, I got deep tan for training under the sun, twice, daily, although I kinda like my tanned look now.. *smirk & wink*.

Result: Well I got tanned; I got annoyed from calls and sms from office; I felt guilty, somehow, for ignoring the works; We lost MOST of our games and only managed to get the 6th place out of 8.. but I got to play, I got to learned the right skill to play volley ball, I got new friends, I got fun.

Lesson-learnt: Learning the right way to play volleyball, checked; learning the right attitude of sportsmanship, checked; learning what does 'a penny of effort gains a penny' really mean, checked; learning to become a better player next time, checked.

******************************************************************************

4. Promotional photo-shooting session for PGCE2009 (29th June)

Briefly: This was the 2nd time of photo-shooting session for the same purposes (check 'Who has the Ultimate Superpower' for some hint about the 1st session), and like wise, our models were still kiddos, which meant both fun and painful elements came side by side. Nevertheless, Lina and I were more prepared this time. We had a stronger concept, less cliche, more interesting probes like snails and bubble blower etc.

Give-in & give-up: Due to the tight schedule, I had to skip a dinner with mum and my sisters at a night before; and I couldn't attend the Grand Finale Night of PETRONAS Family Carnival as I needed to look for snails in the evening; I had to give up a real rest after the tiring 2 weeks of huff and puff during Family Carnival, so that I could finalize the concept of the photographs we need.

Result: More interesting pictures and another fun outing having fun times with super duper cuties like bubbly Dennis, pretty pinky Shasha and owh-he-got-such-a-big-eye-but-bad-temper Adly.

Lesson-learnt: Never work last minute although sometime last-minute works spark surprises and more fun! Never under-estimate kiddos cuz' you'd never know how much surprises and talents they would show. And last but not least, NEVER UNDER-ESTIMATE snails, they might be slow but they are good at hide and seek -- and you need to spent some time to find them out!

End of list. Alas!

7 comments:

Yus.MY said...

aiman..tak penat ke? reading your whole month of activities pun buat aku terasa bersama kepenatannya... :P anyway..enjoy ur life while u can....

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Kak Yus!!! Gelak tak ingat aku bace comment kak Yus.. hahah.. penat2 gak aa.. tp the idea is, as u say, enjoy life while we still can, right? Hahaa..

Thanks for dropping by.

Aiman

Anonymous said...

Well.. i see u trying hard to put a report on ur busy life into something else.. but yeah this is, luckily, not a plain and boring report, but unfortunately, i dun quite like this way of blogging -- not bout ur writing and ur creativity, but it's quite unusual to see u squeeze things into one post which looses focus.

nice effort though.

Madam Robert said...

Wong! (or Aiman?) will u be free on 9th August? come to my wedding.. if free, i'll sent u the card ~ u bagi alamat laa kan~* :)

cheers~*
hanaghazali@yahoo.com for address

dikazzz said...

Wow! I love gunung dato! ^_^ wei, jalan2 tak ajak tu...iisshhh...

Aiman? hhmm...? =)

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Shunza, sorry for a disappointing post this time.. yes u're right, i tried to put some ordinary things extraordinarily, but i think it just did not work..

Haha, thank you for the invitation, and CONGRATS!!! Tp 9th August I won't be around ler~~ *wink wink*..

Dikazzz, sorry lah LUPE nk ajak.. but hey we're going to establish a club on mountaineering and other outdoor/indoor adventures.. will love to have u joining in!

Aiman? Yeah.... =)

Spider(ai)man

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...we're having something the same here...

1)DAMN I'M REALLY3 WAITING FOR THAT! I AM SEARCHING FOR NEW GROUP TO JOIN IN NOW @_@ jangan lupe tau ajak! i am in kempunan mood now thou...

2) my name is zul(ai)kha... ^_^