Jun 16, 2008

Sk8 'mobbing' at Putrajaya

Night Sk8 at Putrajaya on 14th June 2008 was the first time I took part in a huge event of Malaysian + Singaporean Sk8ers Community, and it was fun. In fact, I couldn't help but kept thinking about 'Flash mob' when we were flagged off.

Wikipedia defines 'Flash mob' as a large group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual action for a brief time, then quickly disperse. But I think the definition bypasses the fun and cool part of flash mobbing.

Night Sk8 at Putrajaya was part of an international fund-raising event where every km we sk8 will help to raise some amount of money, and the good deeds were relayed around the world, within 24 hours.

Kinda meaningful, right?

I don't know how much money had my fellow sk8ers (Big brother Fariz, Amie, Zana, and Huda) and I raised, I only knew that the long distance sk8 with a big U-turn had kinda created some chaos in the magnificent Putrajaya -- and that's how the idea of 'flash mobbing' came to my head, it's kinda like the opening scene of Step Up 2 where the street dancers dance their heart out inside a train that shocked a lot of train passengers -- Chaos they made, out of fun.

Cool huh? Tell you the scene in Putrajaya was oh-so-yeah spectacular with a bunch of Sk8rs roller-blading on the street. I hate when I couldn't dance on my blade like the rest of the sk8ers of the event -- in fact, I think 5 of us were the only 5 Sk8rs who rolled our blade in a way that openly tells the truth of 'yeah you're right, beginners we are'. But, whatever it was, it has been a eye-opening event for 5 of us to know more about sk8ing and sk8ers community.

To CK, if you're reading this, I hate showing off but you know what? I just think that you missed BIG TIME for not joining!!! :>

4 comments:

Sayuti said...

aku tak pandai skate.

kalu tak bleh join.

huhu.

Anonymous said...

woooooooooooooooooooo haha
T-rex's comment made me laugh!
see.. im not the only one ;)

and now not only CK is jealous. ME. TOO. OK?

hey IF there'll be next time. count me in! putrajaya is just like baby steps away.

:)


raje.

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

thank you.

*wink wink*

Spider

Sinagamerah said...

Gosh!!!! lamanyer aku tak memblogkan diri. finally, after the hectic schedule in june (traveling, exhibition, sports etc) baruler bley menjengah blog nih. *blog aku dah mula nak bersawang balik...

One word :superduperjealous!