Oct 5, 2008

We turn lEft.

He used to be a man who only turns left, until one year ago, he approached a wishing well in the village.

The well is called emptiness, sitting in the corner of the village. The well can grant you whatever you wished for, with a trade of happiness.

That's what happened to the man who only turned left. He's now a man who can move normally after he made a wish one year back in front of the well, but he realized that he's not as happy as he was a year ago.

He approached the well again. "So you regretted?" Emptiness asked the man.

The man nodded. "Tell me why."

"My wife is leaving me.. and I'm not as happy as I was.."

"..and why is that?"

"I don't know what happened.. it's like when I could only turn left, everything was so precious for me.. I kissed my wife every time before I left my house, I greeted every people I met along the way, I praised every flower I saw at every corner -- because I knew I only could see them again after many times of turning left..."

".. and then what happened now? You can easily turn right and hug your wife if you miss her, you can easily turn right and smile at your friends, and you can easily turn right and pick up the flower you like -- this is what you wished for, no?" Emptiness sounded confused.

".. I thought so, but not really.."

".. because those things do not worth of a turning-back to appreciate?"

".. no. Because I don't appreciate them anymore when I know I can always turn right and turn back.."

"So you want your happiness back? It's going to make you back to abnormal -- you'll only turn left like days before -- are you sure?"

"We find happiness when we appreciate things around us, we'll always feel happy when we are grateful for things around us, right?"

"If you'd choose to be abnormal rather than to be convenient, then go, son, turn lEft, your wife is waiting for you at the next corner.." Emptiness did not want the conversation to continue. Something piercingly painful inside him.

We'll always feel happy when we are grateful for things around? Great. Emptiness thought to himself, isn't it sucking happiness from people make me gain happiness easily? Emptiness smirked, but at the same time his tears dropped down.

***************************************************************

'We turn lEft' footnote...

1. Welcome to the new theme of my little 'lEft nothing behind' blog --"We turn lEft"!! It doesn't have any significance philosophy behind this new theme (so.. don't worry!) , it's just for the sake of renewing my little space of blogging and renewing my view towards life (after the great self-discovering journey in Europe, perhaps? *gigle*) ..

2. The idea of the story of 'a man who only turns left' appeared in the midst of insomnia last night, and I actually tried 'only turn left' in my jog early this morning -- and you bet, it's terribly hard to get used to... hmmm...

3. I actually wanted too, to call for any other stories of 'a man who only turns left' from my fellow bloggers/ readers -- if you have thought of an interesting one, feel free to share it ok? It's going to be a very interesting thinking process to draft out the story of 'a man who only turns left' -- and I wished I could setup a competition with great prizes, but unfortunately I have no sponsors.. hehehe.. just, for the sake of sharing creativity and imaginations, give it a try, won't you? TQ.

15 comments:

aaina said...

*gulp*
it's a nightmare i tink, if we could only turn left 4 da whole of our life.
no change.notin.
n no offense.;)
but yeah perhaps he's faithful?
sumtime people do afraid to change.
i am indeed.
wishing m still kanak2 ribena all da time.lalala~
^___^

Anonymous said...

Mcm criter HEROES lak.. a man who only turns left.. huhuhu... it's a curse I guess..

Anonymous said...

emptiness...nothingness...eh lebih kurang lak :p hehhe...

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Err.... mmng tak jadi ler post aku kali nih.. hehehe... I think I'm getting people misunderstood jer.. hehehe...

Raf said...

nak kena signal ke kalo nak pusing kiri?

signal kanan tak pakai dah la kot?

awesome blossom said...

adakah benar pemahaman ku ini (setelah tiga kali baca)-

so the man is now unhappy because things come so easy to him ever since he becomes normal? and he prefers to return to being abnormal (i.e only turning left) because things that bring him happiness (his wife, the flowers etc) are harder to come by when he can only turn left, thus he appreciates them more?

if so, i totally understand. eversince i say 'no shopping', i miss spending my money even more...heheh. i should return to being an abnormal shopaholic.

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

I LOVE U SO MUCH FATMA!!! U just got everything right -- and yup, u can even put urself in my character's shoe... finaly ade gak orng paham.. huhhu... thank you!

Raf, signal kanan kene gak sbb in case emergency kene pasang double signal, hence TERpakai lah signal kanan tu..

Thanks for dropping by!

dikazzz said...

weh! aku pun paham gak la =)
well, for me...being abnormal is actually normal for the abnormal person thou ;)

aaina said...

oooo..
baru kini mengerti!
aduss!:D

Anonymous said...

The story kinda remind me the song 'The man cannot be moved'.. kinda sad and sweet..

Anyway, choose for being abnormal but make life meaningful, is far more wiser than choose a normal but meaningless life -- i agree with the left-turning man's final decision.

awesome blossom said...

aiyoohh.. of course after i spent six hours in the middle of nowhere alone with you, i know how you think already (and right now you are thinking that you are going to buy me that hot pink shoes from Manolo... yes, yes you are...)

kakkumei said...

why left?
why not right? XD
so the moral of the story is, we appreciate things more if they are hard to get.
does that mean if i played hard to get the guys will appreciate me more? (jk, XD)

anyways, met raya!!

Sinagamerah said...

Gosh bro! you know what i feel after reading your entree and the previous one??? I feel sad coz i think i got what you meant.I've gone through the similar situation.

My advise bro, in moving forward just be yourself. In realising your dream,be yourself. In whatever you do, be yourself. Along the way, we might lose and gain something. It's ironic in life that we can't have all, although we know we earn it.

Yes, we might brush up peoples feeling along the way, but we are only human. To err is human. And those who are dearest to us should be able to forgive and except the way we are. And the most important thing is getting their support. Sometimes people are just overreacting out of their love and concern. Panjang citer nih sebenarnya...

p/s : Have you ever heard the story about the King and the Mocking bird?Well, can't actually write the whole transript ere isn't? (nantiler, kita dok sesama and have 1 to 1 session k)

Sinagamerah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SpidEy d'lEfty said...

CK.. thank you so much...

Rean, u're right -- that's the moral of the story. Going left and not right is just something about personal.. saje ..

Fatma -- I'll turn left, I;ll turn left, whenever i saw the pink shoe, I'll be 'left'..

Shunza.. i love the song too.. but this post got nothing to do with the song okay...

Sorry guys for not updating..