Dec 20, 2006

Gambate no, opa-sang!

We all believe that there's always something mystical about mountain. Too many stories and legends about the existence of Gods and Spirits of mountain made people treat mountains respectfully and worshipfully.

This Japanese Opa-sang was dancing and singing in front of me when I was walking alone, trying hardly and tiredly, to get myself every inch closer to Laban Rata where we all would finally have a good rest before pushing ourselves towards the summit of Mt Kinabalu.

I overtook her and she greeted me, with a sunny smile, "slowly, no tired", she said to me, then continued with her humming and dancing.

....and out of all a sudden I was amazed -- no she is not any goddess or angels that fell from heaven -- I felt like I caught a sudden grasp but I didn't figure it out.

The second time I met her, I was exhausted and taking my rest at a point a few meters off from where I first met her. I heard she humming her Japanese song. This time, I walked by her and chatted with her. She told me stories about her hometown Kyoto and her passion for mountain climbing. I stared at her grey hair and a feeling of respect wholly smeared into my heart. At that moment, I knew that I've solved THAT mysterious puzzle in my mind...

I tapped her shoulder and said, "slowly, no tired", it was like answering my own question.

She smiled, "slowly, no tired", in her typical Japenese slang.

"Gambate no," I think this Japanese word was used perfectly in such a timing.

"Arigato gozaimatzu," with her sunny and mercy smile.

I left her. I felt no more tired and exhausted. Meeting this Opa-sang had made me reset my pace. I took out my camera and started to look around. I couldn't imagine how many wonderful things I'd missed before this. Why rushing? Slowly, no tired, and there's so much wonderful things just around me.

Just slow down my pace and enjoy everything that surrounded me, all the huffing and puffing, what for?

We all believe that there's always something mystical about mountains. Too many stories and legends about the existence of Gods and Spirits of mountain made people treat mountains respectfully and worshipfully, but sometimes, we respect mountains because we learn from mountains. The meditation that took place in the heart of a mountain, or the journey climbing up a mountain, people learn from mountains, to be able to see things again after being blinded, and to reset our pace after being rushed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wat could b better in beleiving on ur ownself??only u know how far u can go n only u know how good u can b..n it is u to make ppl knoe..that they can never misjudge u..like climbing a mountain..wat damn hell u can stop on half way saying that u alreaady giving up but u never give ur best n try how far u can go..even u cant go as fast as others..last monday..when i sitting alone n waiting for sumbody in klsentral..i saw a couple of blind husband n wife..they r totally blind..n aku tgk lama sgt kat diorg..tlking to myself..wondering that do they ever live their life happily??with 'kekurangan' yg ada kt diorg...n suddenly the answers came to my mind after they left..y holding each others hand n with a stick guiding their way..it was us who choose how to define wat happiness in our life n it was jus us who can make the decision...n it was us who do really knoe wat the ability we own..n how far we can go..if there's a will,there'll b a way..'slow2 r, dude'.. :)

Anonymous said...

Cool man.. a philosophical post..

[Quote]"people learn from mountain, to be able to see things again after being blinded, and to reset our pace after being rushed" -- man i guess u're becoming a philosopher sooner and later.. :>

Congratulations!

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

I beleive what u said is true Dani, the most powerful strength in us is BELIEVING OURSELVES.. Thanks for the long feedback and ur story..

To Shunza, no i'm not becoming a philosopher.. i just started to embrace life after the journey.. The Opa-sang and the mountain taught me this.

Sorry for the long post this time..

Spider

ARWEN_my said...

i think i saw ur face in the intranet... Go Spidey! Go Spidey!!! Hiiiiiyaaaa!!!!

Anonymous said...

Silap2 opasang tu mmng somethng else, appear in front of u utk ajar ko sket.. ko kan kurang ajar??!?! hehehe, no offend.

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Aza.. I hope bosses din see me in the pictures of intranet.. huhuhu.. tp kalu dah nampok.. pasrah lah.. aku bukannyer keep those thing low-profiled sgt pun..

Ano, erm nih sapo?


Spider -- tgh fening2 study for exam!! Argh!!